[Try It] Shodown Frenzy: Planar Chaos 3.92

C

capper96

http://webpages.charter.net/tiamat77/opt-SDF_CHAOS_3.92.w3x

Hello,

I'd invite you to try my Footman map. I believe you will find this map to be one of the best Footman maps out there. First, let me give thanks to the creators of all of the models used in this map and also to Footman Frenzy which this work has been inspired by.

History:
I was a big fan of Footman Frenzy 3.8, but the creators decided the game would be better off going a different direction by slowing the game down and changing the internal core of Footman Frenzy by eliminating base heal etc. So I decided to create a spinoff of Footman Frenzy using version 3.8 as a model, keeping the original content as close as possible while making the map fresh and different from any other footman frenzy maps out there. In another word, giving the map flare. I originally gave the first version to Clan Roof to work on but until recently, decided to add more to it.

Gameplay Features:

- 5 modes of gameplay (Standard, All Random Hero, All Random Techs, Damnation, and King of the Hill)
- Unit Kill Combo System displaying how many units an ultimate spell kills.
- Hero Kill Combo System w/breaker award ; Keeps track of Hero Kills Sprees and Awards players to "combobreak" this killing spree with an award.
- First Blood award ; Award to the player who kills the first hero.
- Magic: The Gathering Base System ; Players can cast MTG spells from their bases whenever they collect the altars for each color.
- Random Tech Selection ; Can choose a random tech at a cheaper price.
- 15 Unique Balanced Races
- Unique Leaderboard System ; Leaderboard will flash to deliver game messages. Can also keep track of Hero Kills, Killing Sprees, Combobreakers, Headshots, Pimp Slaps etc.
- Same Fast Paced 3.8 Footman Frenzy Style of play.
- Announcer has been added
- Warcries ; Whenever a basic unit kills a hero, the races will chant out battle cries.

Races:

Human - The jack of all trades races, powerful ranged and melee units. They can build Siege weapons and can hire more creeps than the other races. Also has a base BigBadVoodoo spell called Sanctuary to grant temporary protection.

Orc - They have the ability to promote units to better versions. Also has the special battlecry, Power of the Waaagh! Whenever an orc kills a hero, all units surrounding the killer is granted a special bonus.

Undead - They have the ability to generate faster spawn times than the other races by building Graveyards. They also can use the Necron Ray to raise the dead around their base.

NightElf - They have the ability of Spell Defense, an upgrade they can reserach to make all their units more resistant to spells, Elunes Will which boosts all NE's speed and Attacking power, and also can build a special items shop to have access to rare items.

Ogres - This race has tougher bases and they are cheaper to tech up. Better units can also get Critical Strike.

Gnolls - This race is unique as they don't "upgrade" in the normal fashion but require you to build outposts to spawn better units. The more outposts you build, the better the unit spawned. Also have evasion.

Naga - This race has the ability of invisibility. They can also spawn extra spell casters.

Demons - This race has the ability of Possession. Can also cast a portal on the battlefield to spawn even nastier baddies.

Chaos - This is a unique race because their Tier1 unit is used the whole game. As you tech up, you can get upgrades to make the Chaos Space Marine better. This race also has tanks and the powerful infernals to aid them.

Zerg - Classic Starcraft Race, just like you would expect them to be, larva spawning allows you to pick which unit you need at the time. They are also the only race that can spawn flying units.

Spaceorks - A shoota cousin from normal orcs, Spaceorks are all about shootin things up. Different barracks that are built allow you to spawn Shootas, Spiders, or Lancers.

Terran - Defensive race, this race uses its defensive structures to win the battle. They are the only race besides the Protoss that can build anywhere on the map.

Protoss - Heavy Hitting but slow spawning. Their ability is Reincarnation. Gateways also allow you to build any unit manually for free.

Nerubians - This is the only race that does not spawn anything. Their units are created from their free hero. The Nerubian Matarich lays eggs automaticly that spawns units according to the hero's current level. This means that a Level 1 Matarich spawns the lowest spider, while a level 18 hero spawns the best spiders. One catch! If your hero dies you cannot ressurrect it and have to start over from Level 1.

Trolls - This race has a unique resource, called Troll Resource. When you build witchdoctors huts, the higher troll resource you have, the more better trolls you will spawn in addition to your normal spawns. Also can use a variety of mages to ressurrect trolls.

Have fun!

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score

Wow.

This is really good. Though it would get pretty frantic for newer players.

I like the modes and all that, it really adds a new edge to the Footman Frenzy maps.

Host this often. It's better than Footie Frenzy.

C

capper96

FYI

The best name to use when hosting this I have found is

"FOOTIES!! w/15 RACES 60+ Heros"

Since alot of people don't know the map by name yet, this game name seems to always attract a full house.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.