Turn on/off unit combat?

Dimaspy

Reaction score
Right, my thought was sort of like this. You pick up an item (a gun in this case), and when picked up, it turns on combat - attack 1 (the ranged attack) and turns off combat - attack 2 (the melee attack). When dropped, it does the opposite.

Is this possible to make with the GUI? Or do I need JASS? Or is there some easier way?

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
u can first diabled the unit's combat at object editor

then u set the atk 1 and atk 2 to a spell...
Then when tat unit picks up an item...exam: gun
Then add a done spell with range...

When the item is drop..remove the spell from tat unit.....

Dimaspy

Reaction score
Well, yeah that's one way..
But I think it would be fun if you could actually see what damage you can do.. Spells can't be the only way, right? Maybe if I add a shadow unit..

Dimaspy

Reaction score
~Bump~ Sorry.

Nobody knows anything about this? The -very- last thing I will do is a shadow unit.

NaPzt3R

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I don't think it's possible to Turn combat on or off.

Dimaspy

Reaction score
Well, I think it's a JASS thing, and I don't know anything about JASS.
However, making a shadow unit would be irritating during roleplay on my map, and that's the last thing I want to do :(

Mapster

Reaction score
Umm.. i wanted to know this in one of my other topics i posted.

But when i use the ability "Rooted" it turns off the ability to choose your skills you apply for your hero, and in order to root and uproot you need to use the ability. =/

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Any Orb ability can enable attack index.

> combat - attack 1 (the ranged attack) and turns off combat - attack 2 (the melee attack).

By default it is the opposite what you stated. Orb effects enable attack index 2 what can target air and ground. While attack 1 can attack only ground. The difference comes from targets allowed and at a time you got only one attack index active (enabled) if it isn' t changed from Object Editor (Allowed bouth attack indexes).

Dimaspy

Reaction score
Yeah, these orbs effects was the first thing I tried. However, it failed.

But about this with upgrades.. What if when you pick this item up, it adds an upgrade, changing all these combat stats, and when you drop the item, it turns off? I'm not really sure about the upgrades though, I've never tried to lower one before.. Maybe if I add the upgrade to an ability? But then, I don't know if it's possible..

Alright, when/if any of us find out how to do this, PLEASE write a tutorial about it! +rep-a-lot! :D

D

Down

You can order a unit to stop when it aquires a target
or when it attacks a target

Dimaspy

Reaction score
kc102, I could kiss your feet! ... Well, not litterly spoken..

It's a BRILLIANT idea to use upgrades! First I looked over the abilities, and found 'Flying Machine Bombs'. Nothing, they didn't do shit. Then, I saw "Techtree - Requirements Flying Machine Bombs". Alright, I went to the upgrades page. And what did I see? "Data - Effect 1 Enable Attacks".
NICE!
I'm going to make a tutorial about this, this worked so great..

If you wanna see the results, download the attached map file. Pick up the item to use ranged attacks (attack 1) and drop it to use melee attacks (attack 2).

kc102, +rep :D

Attachments

• RandomMapName.w3x
    21.8 KB · Views: 96

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Wasn't sure if upgrades would do it lol
Glad I could help

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.