Two New Drawings: Christmas Time!

Jessi

I'm so green. Like a Machine.
Reaction score
well, its christmas time, and in French class we have to use images in a project, so I drew some and then scanned them and edited them in gimp. Unfortunately my scanner isn't that great, so they're somewhat low quality, but they look alright. These are based on a poem, "Le Nuit Magique de Noel," so the starcatching one doesnt make much sense out-of-context.

I used a lot of smudge, dodge, burn, paintbrush tool and Airbrush tool in these.
I may just remove the moon in this one, cus I couldnt figure out anything really nice to do w/ it... dunno. might make the bg black.
Starcatcher (Original):
Starcatching_orig.jpg
Starcatcher (GIMP Edit):
Starcatching_edit.jpg

pretty simple picture, just colorized and used burn to make the ribbon darker.
Cadeaux (Original):
Cadeaux_orig.jpg
Cadeaux (GIMP Edit):
Cadeaux_edit.jpg

Ive got two more Im working on that Ill post later.

Freedback would be great. :)

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
Nice Jessi. I have seen some better drawing then that.... but then there are mine that SUCK! So I have no room to complain. The edits could use a little shadowing. But other then that they are awesome. GJ.

Jessi

Reaction score
well, spent a bit more time on the stars one. Added a sky. Improved the moon and bag. Messed w/ the snow. Changed the star so it has a "glow" to it.

Starcatching_editb2.jpg

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Well, his posture isn't too realistic. If he was reaching for a star, he would be on the tip of his toes :p To add that effect, you could add a bigger shadow to the his heels.
I noticed something black between his butt cheecks (it's that attractive :p)

Where's his left hand?

Jessi

Reaction score
Well, his posture isn't too realistic. If he was reaching for a star, he would be on the tip of his toes :p To add that effect, you could add a bigger shadow to the his heels.

I tried to do that; notice how his heels are placed at an angle and are a bit higher than the toes (or at least, that's why I tried to get.) :p

I noticed something black between his butt cheecks (it's that attractive :p)

Where's his left hand?

lol, that's just a black dot that sneaked in. who else is gonna notice it? :rolleyes:

his left hand is behind him, out of sight because he's only reaching one hand.

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
GJ but u can see where u have smugged all around the star

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Since the background is all white, without shadowing, it is hard to tell the position of something (in this case the heel) :p

but it's ok :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.