Two world editor questions

miamiandy

Reaction score
I'm helping someone with a map and I had 2 questions I was hoping someone could either answer or point me in the right direction.

First, when making custom maps is there anyway to give people option to change color. Like is done in melee games.

Second, I know this exists but how can I detect which player is the actual host. For example, the host is in a different slot or the host leaves and it jumps. I want to identify who is actually hosting it.

Thank you for your help.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
You can only change color before starting the game. (You can change the color of units using triggers In-Game, but your Player-Color will always stay the same.)

Finding out who is the host needs complicated triggers that rarely works.
Try searching for a system in the Tutorials and Resources -section.

RedSword

Reaction score
You can only change color before starting the game. (You can change the color of units using triggers In-Game, but your Player-Color will always stay the same.)

I does remember an old map (Empire 1.3) where after having conquered someone he became of your color (in F11, in chat and in every units)

BlackDeath09

Reaction score
open world editor file Vampfire one of the older versions like 4.02b or something or 5.0 and use those triggers on how to detect host so the host can kick players etc.

Admit

Reaction score
1: Use the Player - change color to change player's colors ingame.

Trigger:
  • ChangeColor
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -blue as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Change color of (Triggering player) to Blue, Changing color of existing units

2nd: Search google. Also for the VampireFire map, it rarely works. I don't recomend using it. (i have been spoted as host more then twice and i have never hosted it)

SwedishChef

Reaction score
ehm i read a post were a guy had made a trigger which detected the host (in jass). He said that the checker wasnt 100% accurate so it could fail some times.

E: forgot to add, welcome to thehelper.net ;) saw that it was your first post here :D

BlackDeath09

Reaction score
1: Use the Player - change color to change player's colors ingame.

Trigger:
  • ChangeColor
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -blue as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Change color of (Triggering player) to Blue, Changing color of existing units

2nd: Search google. Also for the VampireFire map, it rarely works. I don't recomend using it. (i have been spoted as host more then twice and i have never hosted it)

well in the very original 4.0 version it doesnt spot the host correctly however if you keep going up in versions you'll hit it where it finally works perfectly around version 5.0

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.