UI Keys

U

Unregistered

what exactly does the trigger- force UI key, do?

and when the frozen throne comes out, can i bring my file to that one? cuz i spent months making a game on the original warcraft iii, and i want to transfer that map onto frozen throne, help plz

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
force ui key presses whatever key on the keyboard you want to press. of course it only has meaning if the unit/building you are selecting will do something in response to that keypress.

see my annoucement for the answer to your other question

U

Unregistered

yeah, but what exactly does that mean? i read it, and you're telling me that a game i barely finished this week, spending several hours on, was for nothing? wtf is that?

sorry about that, anyway, can you give me the step-by-step process on doing that?

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Don't shoot me, I'm only the messenger :)

Um, no I can't give you a step by step process on doing it, because that would require a lot of information and take huge amounts of time.

Just go back to patch 1.06 and remove anything in your map that is UMSWE-related, assuming you are using UMSWE. It should work, but I don't know for sure, cause I haven't gone through the process myself yet.

To test to see if you have removed all UMSWE-related material from your map: uninstall UMSWE, load up your map, and then see if it spurts out any errors.

If you're asking about modifying abilitydata.slk into the new format, you're going to have to either wait or figure it out on your own, because I only got the patch last night and haven't had a chance to dissect it yet.

S

Sat_2k3

I guess, basically if you made a map on the normal editor with the different programs you use to "enhance" the world editor to become more customizable, it probablly will be ok if you keep it normal WC3 (not TFT), but if you try converting the map that was made from using other programs that lets you do stuff that wasn't originally in the first editor then when you convert it may either screw your map up so that it cannot be played or it won't let you convert it. In the worst cases, it might not even let you load the map anymore.

This might only happen because the two editors are different and sincethe TFT on has an ability editor, the custom ability you make now in normal editor might be an invalid ability in TFT editor.

so, If I were I'd stop making maps on normal till you get TFT.

also I'm not sure if this is going to happen for sure. It's just the warning thats going around.

Anyways I'm not even sure if this helps you, it's kinda almost the same thig as the announcment :p

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry to correct you Sat_2k3, but the data formats on the RoC and TFT editors have been made the same now. You cannot any longer use any enhanced programs for either RoC or TFT maps. Any enhancements you made to ANY map needs to be removed or your map will no longer work.

I am currently undergoing the process of trying to change one of my RoC maps (for RoC not TFT) because I had stuff in it that was from a 3rd party editor, and so loading the map up in the RoC editor causes the editor to crash.

S

Sat_2k3

actually thx for correcting, I never used any of he 3rd world programs so what I said was all a guess :D

U

Unregistered

i didn't use any special things, it's just a normal game on the editor

all i need to know is how you transfer a game from Warcraft III to Warcraft III TFT, not that hard, well, for you guys

S

Sat_2k3

well, if you put something from tft in your map, then it'll automaticlaly make it into a tft map. If you just wanna change it, then you can probablly just rename it or place a super small doodad from tft on you map somewhere. Well either way I think you have a choice when you save anyways likea box you can check if you want it to be a tft map.

U

Unregistered

well thanks sat, but......how would you put something from TFT into normal WC3 if you could not in the first place

trust me, i am no expert at extracting and backing up files and stuff

S

Sat_2k3

when you try to save it'lll give you reasons why it is not compatible for Normal and has to be TFT. so it might say, "This map has to be TFT because: -TFT doodads used or TFT tileset used" all you gotta do is get rid of whatever that makes it tft and then you can save it. It's a pain but it's the only way, so it's always better to make the map normal then decide whether you'd rather have it tft or normal or make a normal copy and a tft copy. I've doneit once, it's kinda annoying when you can figure out what makes the map tft compared to normal :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.