Tool Unit Balancer

oorosco

Reaction score
oorosco's Unit Balancer
So what exactly is this program? Well on saturday night i got sick of using excel to balance units out while using my graphing calucator so i wrote a program in c++ using my limited knowledge in it to give us a tool that will automatically calculate unit statistics!
What it does:
It takes base statistics in for a unit you type in, and then using further data that you input it runs changing the unit's stats progressively or in a deteriorating manner. (1.xx for progressive or 0.xx for negative)

What can you use it for?
Tower defenses and Mauls- I mean when you're creating one of those you might be worried about keeping each level balanced- using this you can create nice and balanced units from level to level
Wild creeps- Creating progressive wild creeps that are created in place of old ones as the game progresses in time.

How to use it:
Open the balancing.exe
Run the balancing.exe
Type in your unit's base information
Type in increments and amount of levels
Open up newly created unit data.txt containing all the calculations in order of the way you entered your data (From top to bottom)

Notes:
Each level in the .txt is separated by a line of text
A neater interface will come soon- hopefully

Known problems:
The random does not work correctly i forgot to add a die to the program
Attack speed does not work properly either (Not like it's a major statistic)

Hopefully this will spare you some time trying to balance units yourself! Please comment + tell me if something glitches other than the attack speed glitch which i still have to figure out... +rep if you like it, comment for additions too! A better version will hopefully be up soon.

http://www.fileplanet.com/185569/180000/fileinfo/Balancing-program

(P.S. for somereason it doesn't accept this as a .rar nor a .exe so i had to use file planet :/ Sorry)

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
I haven't tested it yet, but good job! You did something for yourself :D

Did you create it with C++?

EDIT: I tried it out using an hypothetical unit, and when it said 'Ok... computing your information...,' it just restart. I got absolutely no information about balance :(
EDIT 2: I found a unit data.txt file in the folder with your .exe. I am going to assume that that is my final product. If so, I suggest that you tell people that you have a file with your information in it.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Theres allready a unit balancer here, Idk how differnt yours is from it...

wewso

Reaction score
Why dont you write the program in java? It easyer to use even though its syntax is a bit more complicated.

Reaction score
Because not everyone thinks Java™ is the Most Awesome Thing On The Face Of The Earth™.

oorosco

Reaction score
Because i am in the worst programming school on the face of the earth and they refuse to siultaniously teach me java as i learn C++ so i gotta learn it on my free time one day

oorosco

Reaction score
??? It startsup normally, if you're running vista- vista might try to block you from it... other wise i have no clue

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.