tokey

Reaction score
hey guys can any1 tell me how i cud get a unit as a tower for example

archer unit to be archer tower.

Yoshii

Reaction score
hey guys can any1 tell me how i cud get a unit as a tower for example

archer unit to be archer tower.
in the object editor of the unit find "is a building" and set to true; now add the unit in your worker "structure built" list in object editor

tokey

Reaction score
in the object editor of the unit find "is a building" and set to true; now add the unit in your worker "structure built" list in object editor

done that but nothin seems to contruct not even normal building. do i have to enable construction or something?

JuiceBox

Reaction score
I had this problem before. :)

What I did is I made a spell based on "Berserk" but removed all buffs/bonuses/etc.(you can use any skill/spell you want but make sure you remove all buffs, bonuses, etc.), and named it "Tree of Ages[spell]" (this is the name of the building your unit is going to upgrade to.). Then I gave the unit that needs the upgrade this skill.

In here, I wanted a Tree Warrior (unit) to upgrade to a Tree of Ages (structure). So I gave the Tree Warrior this skill.
The Tree of Ages[structure] upgrade costs 75 gold so notice the "75's" I have in my trigger.

Then in triggers, I did:
Trigger:
  • Evolve 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Tree of Ages[spell]
      • ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current gold) Greater than 75
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Tree Warrior
    • Actions
      • Player - Add -75 to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current gold
      • Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Tree of Ages[structure] using The new unit's default life and mana
      • Animation - Play (Last replaced unit)'s birth animation

If you want to edit the "upgrade time", you edit the "cast time" of the skill instead. To edit the upgrade cost, you just replace the "75's" I put in my trigger. Make sure you include the price of the structure (in my case the Tree of Ages) in the skill description.

Notes:
You can use this trigger to enable a unit to upgrade to another unit as well!

The good thing about this skill is that you can add as many animation/effects/etc. as you want when upgrading the unit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.