Unit Max Life = 100,000?

hoeyad

Reaction score
Is it possible to give a unit more than 100,000 health in the data editor? In the trigger editor I can set the life to up to 524,288 (how random!) with the UnitSetPropertyFixed action, but I don't think that will work when the data editor has the life set to 100,000. And anyway I'd like to have the option of going up to 10,000,000 at least...

I've tried to control-click (or was it shift-click) like in the WC3 editor but that doesn't work - is there a new key combo for inputting weird data?

Another related question, if unit life really does max out at 100,000 - is there a way to make armor do a percent reduction, like in WC3? Basically, is there a way to give the effect of having ultra-high health?

Thanks in advance.

hoeyad

Reaction score
good point on 2^19 :)

The default protoss shields have the same limit, so it would just double the effective life. I'm kind of resigning myself to rebalancing eveything or using triggers to reduce incoming damage by a large percent.

Man, I thought the limit in WC3 was annoying, and that was around 10,000,000 i think. This is by far the worst limitation I've come across in the editor - i thought it was supposed to be uberflexable?

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
Hm.. It is possible to reduce the damage by 90% through a behavior (or rewind some damage after damage is taken), but I don't know how that will work out. Yet you might want to give it a try.

Why I doubt it?
For every 10 damage, 9 damage would be blocked, but if you'll be dealing damage lower as 9 damage, I don't know how it will work out. Yet, with that much HP, I assume your damage can handle it?

Create a "buff" behavior (1 behavior per unit type, unless they have the same reduction) and add it to your unit... I'm rather sure there is a behavior tab at the unit's details.

Inside the behavior - don't have my editor opened right now - you need to be at "damage response" --> How does the unit respond to damage?
Somewhere in there you can reduce the damage by a value or a percentage. Also make sure you choose the right damage types (melee/range/spell/...), you'll probably need all as it's a "fake raise of HP".

If you need further help with it, ask, but I'd rather not explain it detailed (got other things to do) if you already know how to.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.