Unit movement order related issue.

Aniconic

I am the very model of a modern major general!
Reaction score
Hello everyone, Its been quite a while!

I've been doing some hobby mapping here and there and came across something confusing while using GUI triggers to create units and issue basic move orders to them. When the movement orders are issued targeting a point, they go to the designated point, and than moments later attempt to go back to their original position. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Aniconic

Reaction score
Nevermind, I managed to figure it out... its just a weird property of Neutral Hostile... they won't leave vary far from their spawn location, as it seems.

I switched the player the units were controlled by and it fixed it instantly.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Avoiding the problem doesn't help you solve it. Open up Gameplay Constants and increase the Creeps - Guard Distance field.

Aniconic

Reaction score
Avoiding the problem doesn't help you solve it. Open up Gameplay Constants and increase the Creeps - Guard Distance field.

I'm not avoiding it, this problem is solved. Allow me to explain: Making the units neutral hostile was a mistake on my part. I was testing a few ideas in an unplayable map and thought the faction was of little consequence.

I just forgot neutral hostile had that behavior since it's been so long since I've mapped.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.