Unit Rotation

Raizn

Reaction score
Hi Helpers

id wonder if its possible to rotate a unit with gui/mui like the bladestorm ability by activating a spell ? does anyone know something about that ?

bye raizn

SouLEDGE

Damn you advanced calculus
Reaction score
It's possible to rotate the unit but do you want the unit to stand up like Blademaster does? or just rotate where he stands? Also what unit/model do you want to rotate?

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Changing units facing angle is too slow. There are some tricks to do stuff like this, but the best way would be to make a custom animation, like Blade Masters Blade Storm.

Raizn

Reaction score
ye the the unit doesnt need to move. it should just rotat x degrees. 5-6 turns or something.

avalya

Reaction score
What Viikuna said, make a specific, new animation for the unit to represent a spin, that will also allow you to make the arms as well as the weapon spin.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Yep.
If you need it to work for target unit, which can be any type, and so custom animation is no option, you can do it with custom impale model, but it makes target invulnerable, which kinda sucks if you dont want it to be invulnerable.

You should really tell us what you exactly wanna do, so we can tell you the best way to do it.

Raizn

Reaction score
I wanna make a spell which initially rotates the triggering unit for maybe 720 degrees. after that i will add some dummies and abilities and so on. everything works fine i just dont know how to make that custom animation to rotate the unit.

ok this is the actuall spell.

Trigger:
  • Burning Destiny
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Burning Destiny
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local effect Effect1
      • Custom script: local effect Effect2
      • Custom script: set Effect1 = AddSpecialEffectTarget("ArcaneTornado.mdl", GetTriggerUnit(), "origin")
      • Custom script: set Effect2 = AddSpecialEffectTarget("Abilities\\Spells\\Orc\\Bloodlust\\BloodlustTarget.mdl", GetTriggerUnit(), "right hand")
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) matching ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Goblin Ganker)) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to BDpick[(Player number of (Triggering player))])
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit - Add dmg+ 1 to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add haste+ 1 to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Set level of dmg+ 1 for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Burning Destiny for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Set level of haste+ 1 for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Burning Destiny for (Triggering unit))
      • Custom script: call DestroyEffect(Effect1)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 150.00 towards (Real(((Integer A) x 45))) degrees) using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Starfall\StarfallTarget.mdl
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 snake dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 150.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 45.00) degrees) facing ((Real((Integer A))) x 45.00) degrees
          • Unit - Add snake slow to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 1500.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 45.00) degrees)
          • Unit - Add a ((Real((Level of Burning Destiny for (Triggering unit)))) x 1.50) second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Wait (5.00 x (Real((Level of Burning Destiny for (Triggering unit))))) seconds
      • Unit - Remove dmg+ 1 from (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Remove haste+ 1 from (Triggering unit)
      • Custom script: call DestroyEffect(Effect2)

Trigger:
  • Snake Dies
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to snake dummy
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in BDpick[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Strike dummy for (Owner of (Dying unit)) at (Position of (Dying unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add Flame Strike 1 to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Flame Strike 1 for (Last created unit) to (Level of Burning Destiny for (Random unit from BDpick[(Player number of (Owner of (Last created unit)))]))
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike (Position of (Dying unit))
      • Unit Group - Remove all units from BDpick[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))]

and i got another problem. after the 8 snakes died only one flame strike will be casted. anybody know how to fix that ?

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
You need to find some guy to do that animation for you, if you dont know any animating stuff.

Ive been doing some lil animatin thingies and trying to learn that stuff, so if you upload the model you want this animation together with some good description which tells me what that animation should exactly look like, I can do my best and try if I can make it.

( Dont promise anything more than try it, so dont expect too much )

Raizn

Reaction score
hm thanks about that but i guess that spell will work also well if that little goblin will not turn around^^ it would be too much to make a custom animation for that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.