RPG Unlimited RPG

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Here's another suggestion. Remove the "Guild of Shadows". I know everyone wants to be an OMGWTFASSASSIN and steal things, but it's lame, and why should they be an OMGWTFASSASSIN in your game if there's so many others that have already perfected it and already have a large player base?

I suggest you replace it with something more... interesting... like maybe a rival band of adventurers or some kind of "holy order" that is trying to corrupt the government and take over the empire. Those aren't the most creative examples, but I'm sure you can figure something out that's even better. I hope.

There are going to be a coupple of Guilds, eah one with unique missions and rewards for them and a unique ability.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
One question: Will it be absolutely impossible to play with others who already have loaded high level characters (Curse of Time, and others...)?

Oh, and I ran the first post through Microsoft Word.

You know all those RPG's where your hero has "The Hammer of Strengthyness and yet he keeps attacking with his normal sword?", or those RPG's where you must walk BUHMILLION miles just to get to the creeps you need to level from, or those RPG's where you must kill 2034958723 units in order to gain a level? Well, all that is gonna change. With pride I, Bloodcount(Bollo) and Furby present to you Unlimited RPG!
• Why Unlimited?
Because it will fix a lot of the problems that normal RPG's have and this RPG will be focused on originality, secrets, surprises, killing innocent NPC's and duels.
• Uh... What?
Well... let's take a look at the terrain now, shall we. (By the way "•" is a wisp asking me questions about the map) The terrain will be huge and he will be divided into areas. We are not sure what the areas will be, but 1 is 100% sure. Domino City will be the biggest encampment. But don't think that you can feel safe there! This city has the order of the Sacred Assassin’s who are trying to overthrow the king, The Azure Mages, trying to win the people's trust. Bandit's and gambling are everywhere. On top of that there are necromancers and vampires... of course some areas are restricted, to those forces, like the Arena, where you can take part of glamorous deathmatches, or the Guild Of Shadows from where you can be given a special Assassination Quest.
• Ok, but how do you fix the having to kill many creeps and not having to walk like hell problems?
This is quite easy actually - teleportation and duels. Here you will fight creeps 1v1 or 2v1(if you have a ally) The enemies will be very strong. As strong as you, or maybe a bit more. When you defeat one of them you will get a lot of xp/gold/resources, so leveling will be much cooler then in normal RPG's. Also creeps will level up as you do.
• Cool, but standard Warcraft unit vs unit battles aren't that exciting...
There is a completely new system that i made. You will have no normal attack. You see, when you pick up a weapon you will get a spellbook. In this spellbook there will be the attacks you can perform with that weapon (for example hack, slash, charge)
• Cool!
You bet! (Note: I am missing some details on the battle system, I just don't want to spill the beans.)
• What about originality/secrets?
Every area will be completely different then the others, the enemies will be different and the items/shops there as well. Also only 30%-40% of the weapons will be buyable and about 70%-80% of the armor and shields. Everything else will be hidden, given to you if you have made a mission very good, assassinated someone perfectly, to perhaps it has been lying in that barrel over there that you were too lazy to search. Don't forget that there are special types of items that are only findable.

Note: I can't say much more now, because we have just started working on it. I can say that it will also feature a save-load system. Check the thread often, because it will be updated daily!
Note: I will still work on my altered melee map

Features
• An advanced combat system
• Interesting Missions
• Varied Terrain and creeps
• A good stat system
• The outcome of the game is decided by the players.
• Advanced companion control

Team Recruitment: Terrainer; Modeler.
The terrainer must be good and experienced. He will get as much credit as we do.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
One question: Will it be absolutely impossible to play with others who already have loaded high level characters (Curse of Time, and others...)?

Oh, and I ran the first post through Microsoft Word.

You know all those RPG's where your hero has "The Hammer of Strengthyness and yet he keeps attacking with his normal sword?", or those RPG's where you must walk BUHMILLION miles just to get to the creeps you need to level from, or those RPG's where you must kill 2034958723 units in order to gain a level? Well, all that is gonna change. With pride I, Bloodcount(Bollo) and Furby present to you Unlimited RPG!
• Why Unlimited?
Because it will fix a lot of the problems that normal RPG's have and this RPG will be focused on originality, secrets, surprises, killing innocent NPC's and duels.
• Uh... What?
Well... let's take a look at the terrain now, shall we. (By the way "•" is a wisp asking me questions about the map) The terrain will be huge and he will be divided into areas. We are not sure what the areas will be, but 1 is 100% sure. Domino City will be the biggest encampment. But don't think that you can feel safe there! This city has the order of the Sacred Assassin’s who are trying to overthrow the king, The Azure Mages, trying to win the people's trust. Bandit's and gambling are everywhere. On top of that there are necromancers and vampires... of course some areas are restricted, to those forces, like the Arena, where you can take part of glamorous deathmatches, or the Guild Of Shadows from where you can be given a special Assassination Quest.
• Ok, but how do you fix the having to kill many creeps and not having to walk like hell problems?
This is quite easy actually - teleportation and duels. Here you will fight creeps 1v1 or 2v1(if you have a ally) The enemies will be very strong. As strong as you, or maybe a bit more. When you defeat one of them you will get a lot of xp/gold/resources, so leveling will be much cooler then in normal RPG's. Also creeps will level up as you do.
• Cool, but standard Warcraft unit vs unit battles aren't that exciting...
There is a completely new system that i made. You will have no normal attack. You see, when you pick up a weapon you will get a spellbook. In this spellbook there will be the attacks you can perform with that weapon (for example hack, slash, charge)
• Cool!
You bet! (Note: I am missing some details on the battle system, I just don't want to spill the beans.)
• What about originality/secrets?
Every area will be completely different then the others, the enemies will be different and the items/shops there as well. Also only 30%-40% of the weapons will be buyable and about 70%-80% of the armor and shields. Everything else will be hidden, given to you if you have made a mission very good, assassinated someone perfectly, to perhaps it has been lying in that barrel over there that you were too lazy to search. Don't forget that there are special types of items that are only findable.

Note: I can't say much more now, because we have just started working on it. I can say that it will also feature a save-load system. Check the thread often, because it will be updated daily!
Note: I will still work on my altered melee map

Features
• An advanced combat system
• Interesting Missions
• Varied Terrain and creeps
• A good stat system
• The outcome of the game is decided by the players.
• Advanced companion control

Team Recruitment: Terrainer; Modeler.
The terrainer must be good and experienced. He will get as much credit as we do.

Most of the enemies will get power from your level, meaning that if you and a atavk a monster of type A and a her o50levels higher then you atacks a weapon from this type, both of you will have a hard battle. So it will be possible to have different level partys.In the different regions the creeps have different base hp and dmg. For example in noob forest creeps will have 50base hit points and +100 for each one of your levels. In forest of harshnes(i know it is a spelling mistace) creeps will have 200 base hp and 200 for evry level you have.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
How will this be done? Say, if a high level attacks a creep it suddenly gains great power? A scary thought is that if you were hunting with a higher level, the monster could turn on you and crush you. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Since this has got far, far away into the depths of the forum I wanted to bump it and see whether you've made any progress so far on the map. I'd really like to see a good project from a Bulgarian since I've never played anything well-made by someone from our country and this one seems kind of promising, judging by the description (ignoring some of the mistakes).

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Since this has got far, far away into the depths of the forum I wanted to bump it and see whether you've made any progress so far on the map. I'd really like to see a good project from a Bulgarian since I've never played anything well-made by someone from our country and this one seems kind of promising, judging by the description (ignoring some of the mistakes).

Well you are moore then wellcomed to help. As for the project, I've made the battlesystem and a some gameplay things. nothing big, the project is kinda at a pause now.

Ruku-Chan

Reaction score
yeah what ever dosent matter, this map has been renamed Lords of Light and Darkness, and new post has been done for it also.

second i have finished this map as far i can cause i have no idea how to do the arena.

third i have started a new map its called arcadia and its an rpg, i didnt use wc3 cliffs, this map is way better then this one is cause this map is one of the first ones i have done.

my new map will be posed here as soon as i get the basics of the story line wrote down and how the game will work and stuff but for screen shots you will have to find it on hive to look cause this site wont let me upload any shots

i have also got someone from hive helping me with this map now to get it in better shape

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.