RPG Unlimited RPG

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Furby and Bloodcount(Bollo) Present:
UNLIMITED RPG

You know all those RPG's where your hero has "The Hammer of Stregthnesness and yet he keeps atacking with his normal sword?", or those RPG's where you must walk BUHMILLION miles just to get to the creeps you need to level from, or those RPG's where you must kill 2034958723 units in order to gain a level? Well, all that is gonna change. With proudfulness I, Bloodcount(Bollo) and Furby present to you Unlimited RPG!

• Why Unlimited?
    Because it will fix a lot of the problems that normal RPG's have and this RPG will be focused on originality, secrets, surprises, killing inocent NPC's and duels.​
  • Uh... What?
    Well... let's take a look at the terrain now, shall we. (Btw "•" is a wisp asking me questions about the map) The terrain will be hudge and he will be divided into areas. We are not sure what the areas will be, but 1 is 100% sure. Domino City will be the biggest encampment. But don't think that you can feel safe there! This city has the order of the Sacred Assasin's who are trying to overthrow the king, The Azure Mages, trying to win the people's trust. Bandit's and gambling are everywhere. On top of that there are necromancers and vampires... of course some areas are restricted, to those forces, like the Arena, where you can take part of glamorous deathmaches, or the Guild Of Shadows from where you can be givven a special Assasination Quest.​
  • Ok, but how do you fix the having to kill many creeps and not having to walk like hell problems?
    This is quite easy actually - teleportation and duels. Here you will fight creeps 1v1 or 2v1(if you have a ally) The enemies will be verry strong. As strong as you, or mayby a bit more. When you defeat one of them you will get a lot of xp/gold/resources, so leveling will be much cooler then in normal RPG's. Also creeps will level up as you do.​
  • Cool, but standart warcraft unit vs unit battles aren't that exciting...
    There is a completely new system that i made. You will have no normal atack. You see, when you pick up a weapon you will get a spellbook. In this spellbook there will be the atacks you can perform with thta weapon (for example hack,slash,charge)​
  • Cool!
    You bet! (Note: I am missing some details on the battle system, I just don't want to spill the beans.)​
  • What about originality/secrets?
    Every area will be completely different then the others, the enemies will be different and the items/shops there as well. Also only 30%-40% of the weapons will be buyable and about 70%-80% of the armor and shields. Everything else will be hidden, given to you if you have made a mission very good, assasinated someone perfectly, ot perhaps it has been lying in that barrel overthere that you were too leazy to search. Don't forget that there are special type of items that are only findable.​

Note: I can't say much more now, because we have just started working on it. I can say that it will also feature a save-load system. Check the thread often, because it will be updated daily!
Note: I will still work on my altered melee map

Features
  • An advanced combat system
  • Interesting Missions
  • Varied Terrain and creeps
  • A good stat system
  • The outcome of the game is desided by the players.
  • Advanced companion control

Team Recruitment: Terrainer; Modeler.
The terrainer must be good and experienced. He will get as much credit as we do.​

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
This post reserved for updates. :)

Sorry, for errors and grammar mistakes in first post, they will be fixed soon. :s

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Just a suggestion, as to attributes, please make them make sense.

For example, strength increases your move speed not agility, because no matter how agile you are, if you're weak, you can't run very fast. Also, don't make AGI increase armor, that's stupid. Don't make INT give mana points or regen or anything to do with mana, but make it increase your chance to hit targets and get a critical strike.

Also, if you have a hero like a Rogue, make it INT based not AGI, because most of stealing and sneaking is based on how smart and perceptive you are, to avoid traps and stuff.

Furby

Reaction score
Just a suggestion, as to attributes, please make them make sense.

For example, strength increases your move speed not agility, because no matter how agile you are, if you're weak, you can't run very fast. Also, don't make AGI increase armor, that's stupid. Don't make INT give mana points or regen or anything to do with mana, but make it increase your chance to hit targets and get a critical strike.

Also, if you have a hero like a Rogue, make it INT based not AGI, because most of stealing and sneaking is based on how smart and perceptive you are, to avoid traps and stuff.

Wow.. very good, have this in mind.

We will discuss about this with Bloodcount.

I like this idea. Thanks.
+REP :thup:

Furby

Reaction score
Looks awesome, need hero ideas?

I though, it sounds not looks.. at least for now.. :D

Hero ideas? Hmm

We are going to have one hero, which can wield swords, shields.. and he can learn abilities or professions or something.. so no, at least for now not.

However, we need ideas and also some specialities, the best would be if they were never made. ;)

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Hmm..I could terrain if you would like me to. If you want some screenshots of my ability, pm me.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hmm specialties for your hero?

Maybe he could initially train in melee, ranged, or magic. He would become a Melee Initiate, Ranged Initiate, or a Magic Initiate, each with initiate, simple spells to learn. Then, they could learn specialties as one of these initiates from different teachers. Each specialty will have a counterpart for each initiate class (a "dark" specialty for each initiate class, for example). So, they could have Darkness (offensive in a tank way), Protective (defensive), Holy (defensive in a healing way), Blood (offensive in an assassin way), and Nature (alternative, well-rounded?). Once any of these become your specialty, you open up a special mini town that will give you ability trainers for your specialty, weapon sellers for your specialty, and special quests for your specialty. Each initiate class will have x levels, and each specialty will reset levels and you have a new max level. While you cannot change initiate class, you can change specialty, but that will reset your level. However you can change initiate class before you learn a specialty.

Like my idea?

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Alright kiddies, let's break this down.

•Why Unlimited? Because It will fix a lot of the problems that normal RPG's have and this RPG will be focused on originality, secrets, surprizes, killing inocent NPC's and duels.
Your main features (secrets, surprises, killing innocent ncps, and duels) are hardly original. While killing innocents is largely unheard of in wc3, it's possible in many other games.
Secrets are often scripted/set - making them no longer secret when you find them. And if htey are random than they aren't secret, they're just chances.
Dueling is being found in more and more games on bnet.

•Uh... What?
Well... let's take a look at the terrein now, shall we,• . (Btw "•" is a wisp asking me questions about the map)
Hmm, that dot sure sounds a lot like a certain faerie in a certain game.
Hey!
Hey!
Hey!

The terrein will be hudge and he will be divided into areas.
Darn, I was hoping for fudge. Or at least grudges. Either way, huge terrain is hardly original and dividing it into areas also is far from original.
In fact, you're already starting upon the path that you so righteously claim to sway from. Terrain size is so different that you feel the need to say so - enhancing the idea the terrain will be too large!
After all, bigger is better..It's not like we have to travel that distance.

We are not sure what the areas will be, but 1 is 100% sure. Domino City will be the biggest encampment.
Uncertainty? Check.
Quick to announce poorly thought out ideas (if you do not have any other ideas, chances are your one is)? Check.
Unoriginal idea of a 'mega town'? Check.
My my, your map is already forming along the ideas of others, which once again you so righteously claim not to be.

But don't think that you can feel safe there!. This city has the order of the Sacred Assasin's who are trying to overthrow the king,
Order? Sacred? Assassins? Overthrow? King?
My god, what creativity. Never before has this idea been churned into a dirt orgasm of blandness and repetition!

THe Azure Mages, trying to win the people's trust. Bandit's and gambling are evrywhere.
I'll be fair, I couldn't pick anything out. Tisk tisk, maybe I'm getting rusty..

On top of that there are necromancers and vampires...
Not like necromancers and vampires are in any other rpgs out there..
Once again, you shine your dedication of being unlimited by mixing several ideas from other rpgs, while keeping the formula limited.

ofcourse sone areas are restricted, to those forces,
Areas you have to unlock?! Not even a limit there! I'm sure glad that I don't have to kill millions of units, travel thousands of miles to get there, and kill them all with a sword knowing that many places in the game are locked down.

Like the Arena, where you can take part of glamorous deathmaches,
Not like this idea has never been turned into the ground.

or the Guild Of Shadows from where you can be givven a special Assasination Quest.
What originality!

•Ok, but how do you fix the "having to kill many creeps and not having to walk like hell problems?
This is quite easy actually- Teleportation and duels.
So, you aspire to have a massive terrain, one which can ignored? While nice on paper, it does not play out as fair ingame.
I have already put my opinion on dueling.

Here you will fight creeps 1v1 or 2v1(if u have a helper) The enemys will be verry strong. As strong as you, or mayby a bit moore.
How in blazes do you misspell more....And very, for that bloody matter. It's enemies, by the way. And spend a bit more time on maybe. I'm surprised you managed creep all by yourself!
And don't get lazy, it's you. Not u.
When you defeat one of them you will get a lot of xp/gold/resources, so leveling will be mutch cooler then in normal RPG's.
Throw in some balloons and all the cool kids who have shunned you will play this game!
Very few people want to play a game where little work over rewards you. RPGs are popular because they're addictive. They're addictive because they hold one thing right in front of your nose for a long time, than put another thing in front of it.
You're putting that thing inside our mouth with no strings attached. Hardly something to work for.

Also creeps will level up as you do.
It's not like that limits the game to becoming repetitive or anything..

•Cool, but standart warcraft unit vs unit battles aren't that exiting....
Depends. I cheated a bit and read ahead instead of reading this piece by piece, so this continues onto the next thing..

There is a compleattly new system that i made.
No kid, it is not. You are far from the first person to come up with such an idea.

you will have no normal atack.
My god! I think he is getting somewhere with this!

You see, when you pick up a weapon you will get a spellbook. In this spellbook there will be the atacks you can perform with thta weapon(for example hack,slash,Charge)
Oh. For a minute you got my hopes up, like you were going to do something orignal and not overdone for a second. Darn me!
And it's not like host latency causes any problems. It's not like those are simple abilities that are found in unitVSunit fighting that you so hastily hate.
It's not like every player loves sitting on the edge of their seat on every battle, clicking every ability and remembering every hotkey.

If you're used to playing with string, I guess.

It's like you knew what I was going to say!

(Note: I am missing some details on the battle system, I just don't want to spill the beans)
This is one of the best ways you can tell a project is going to fall flat on it's face. He thinks this project is 'special'. That it hasn't been attempted before. He thinks we're going to be gnawing our fingernails off waiting for his next update.

•What about Originality/secrets?
Evry area will be compleattly different then the orthers
It's not like almost every rpg carries this style of terraining.

, the enemies will be different and the items/shops there as well.
You're telling me that units won't be the same?!

Also only 30%-40% of the weapons will be buyable and about 70%-80% of the armor and shields.
For someone who is agaisnt the defender of light using a toothpick as a sword, you sure are limiting what the player gets.

Evrything else will be hidden
In order to find this stuff, we just teleport to the area where it was last and..take it? I'm guessing since you're hiding it, you're either going to do it in a very annoying way, or simply place it there.
It's not like we'll forget where we found it.

given to you if you have made a mission verry good
Fed-ex quests. You're a big player of oblivion aren't you? This entire game reeks of it.

assasinated someone perfectly,
Assassinate someone..I wonder what game is known for having an assassins guild..

ot perhaps it has been lying in that barrel overthere that you were too leazy to search.
We were too lazy to search it because either
A: We searched every other barrel and 99% of barrels have nothing in them
B: You are too rewarding and have long since decided that nothing of value is in the barrels

Don't forget that there are special type of itmes that are only findable.
Oh goody, where's item. I love those games. It's not like we have to travel
BUHMILLION miles to find them!

Note: I can't say much moore now cuz we have just started working on it.
You're insecure aren't you? Do you like hiding secrets from everyone? I'm guessing you don't get much attention, do you? :(

I can say that it will also feature a save-load system.
Whoa, a wc3 rpg with a save/load system?!

Check the thread often cuz it will be updated dailiy!
Oh goody, another map that gets daily bumps which no one cares about.
Second Note: I will still work on my altered melee map
Good luck, sounds like you'll need it.

Team Reqriutment: Terrener; Modeler
Why should we join this team? You have high expectations yet seem to have put little thought into it. Your spelling matches that of a 10 year old, your patience (daily updates) matches that of one younger of 10 years old.

The terrener must be good and experienced. He will get as much credit as we do.
I doubt you're 'good and experienced' are you?

Man, you gotta give me some more material. You contradicted yourself on almost every feature by either being a copy-cat of another rpg, limited choices, or just poor design choices.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Windex... some of what you said I think is right. The spelling is horrid (by the way it makes your post look extremely unprofessional), and it's not that original.

But, Windex, in some of it you were just being a sarcastic ass.

Note: I can't say much moore now cuz we have just started working on it.
You're insecure aren't you? Do you like hiding secrets from everyone? I'm guessing you don't get much attention, do you?

Quote:
I can say that it will also feature a save-load system.
Whoa, a wc3 rpg with a save/load system?!

Quote:
Check the thread often cuz it will be updated dailiy!
Oh goody, another map that gets daily bumps which no one cares about.
Quote:
Second Note: I will still work on my altered melee map
Good luck, sounds like you'll need it.

And, a lot of what you say is unoriginal, is being compared to other games outside of warcraft III. This is an ORPG unique amongst WC3 ORPGs.

You sort of went on and on about the same thing Windex. You could have gotten your point across in a few sentences.

Anyways, now to get back on topic...

You should make Domino City have something unique about it. I know, you should make it really narrow, and have the city be like one giant tower, with ramparts and the such. Also high aqueducts, and the such.

Here's my idea for more lands... how about this. The Kingdom of Archavyan was built amongst towering mountains. Soon after it's settlement, the people of Archavyan discovered the Nrak. The Nrak are beastial rat people, and Archavyan had kept them at bay for years. But at one point, their numbers were bolstered immensely and they began to develop strategy, maybe being lead by an unknown force. They drove the people of Archavyan out, and very few pockets of humanity remain there. The refuges of Archavyan founded a city on the outskirts of the Kingdom of Archavyan, in a crater amongst a dense forest. Named Archa'gol, this town serves as a refuge for those of Archavyan. Although, it has become a hub for many odd and different races of the world. It is now one of the largest cities.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
WindexIsBack, thanks for the critisism. First of all, thanks for the long replay. Second, most of the ideas have never been done in warcraf RPG's. I have no Idea what you are talking about. WHen you compleate missions you unlock new areas. After the first 30-40 mins of playing you have unlocked evry area. The duels are going to be awesome. I have been stusying english for less then an year, so piss off. I have never played Oblivion, but the idea of maiking a mission good has been arround eversince Sam&Max 2(98) The assasin's guild will be mainly to send you to places with hidden items. And finding the items won't be that easy. However if the players look a bit before braiking anytihing they can find the item really fast. Furby and me are experienced.

Update: At the begening of the RPG you pick 2 heroes. One is the hero that you will command directly, the one with atachable swords/shields/armor, and your second one who will be a lot more lika a normal RPG hero, he will have a class, he will level up spells, and he wonn't be controlled directly by you. He will be your companion. YOu can order him where to stay(if he is a ranger, to watch your back) how to atack, witch targets first to atack and so on. If you die he dies as well.

Parsimony

Reaction score
WindexIsBack, thanks for the critisism.

I bet nobody saw that one coming. At least he's being reasonable.

But really, there are alot of ways to improve your first post.
It seems like you're comparing your map with the bad aspects of MMORPGs (see: Nondescript MMORPG#1-3902841) instead of Warcraft 3 ORPGs. With great pride, may I add. Grinding is barely any fun, and thus most ORPGs have quests to make it less tedious.
Also, your post gives no hint of a main storyline... which is really one of the main requirements of any decent ORPG. (And please don't tell me that the storyline revolves around the Sacred Assassins and The King bit, because, frankly, that's nothing special. Generic, even.)
And lastly, reading a straight-out wall of text is tedious work, especially if you can't decipher several of the words in it.

About the map itself, I agree with some of Windex's points, but I like some of the ideas. The combat system would be pretty nice if you polish it a little bit. The 30% drop rate of the weapons would be nice if the other 70% are a combination of quest rewards and a little bit of enemy loot, because if you make the majority of the equipment enemy loot, you'd be encouraging grinding.

All in all, it has potential, if given enough time and polish. (And correct spelling. Keep learning, my friend. :thup:)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I bet nobody saw that one coming. At least he's being reasonable.

But really, there are alot of ways to improve your first post.
It seems like you're comparing your map with the bad aspects of MMORPGs (see: Nondescript MMORPG#1-3902841) instead of Warcraft 3 ORPGs. With great pride, may I add. Grinding is barely any fun, and thus most ORPGs have quests to make it less tedious.
Also, your post gives no hint of a main storyline... which is really one of the main requirements of any decent ORPG. (And please don't tell me that the storyline revolves around the Sacred Assassins and The King bit, because, frankly, that's nothing special. Generic, even.)
And lastly, reading a straight-out wall of text is tedious work, especially if you can't decipher several of the words in it.

About the map itself, I agree with some of Windex's points, but I like some of the ideas. The combat system would be pretty nice if you polish it a little bit. The 30% drop rate of the weapons would be nice if the other 70% are a combination of quest rewards and a little bit of enemy loot, because if you make the majority of the equipment enemy loot, you'd be encouraging grinding.

All in all, it has potential, if given enough time and polish. (And correct spelling. Keep learning, my friend. :thup:)

thanks! I will use the drop system you sugjested. First of all there are a coupple of things i didn't tell about the battle system. And I will tell you the story line: The time of heroes has come. The forces of darkness are beeing purged from the lands, but then, suddenly they have been reborn. Many of those so called heroes run away like cowards. You have been send to find out what it is. This has been used up a lot before, but this is the deal= your main missions ar e to win the trust of the king, then to find 5 artifakts and a tomb. Then you enter the tomb and you find the artifact giving the undead power. Untill this point you are considered a hero, people love you, you can take missions from the mages and assasins, but, now you must choose if you will destroy the artifakt or claim his powers. If you choose to destroy it, you must protect Domino city from the comming evil forces and in the same time go into the temple and seal the dimentional door. If you choose to claim it's powers you must destroy domino city before they have reached the portal. So after the last mission you are devided into 2 teams and fight eachother. If there is inbalance in the teams 2v5 for example the weker side will get a lot moore monsters and bonuses, so it is fair. I am still polishing the story line but that is it for now.

And Parsimony, Windex still has an argument with me cuz i made, simular critisizm to one of his projects.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
This seems so basic, Look over at the hive wc3 campaigns at their RPG maps and system, This can't even fetch anything,

You should start on another project, I on my opinion don't like wc3 rpgs unless they are awesome and good.

2 Things put me off before even reading your whole block of texts.

1. Nice title you got there mate.

2. Nice spelling, it put people like me off when we see them

12sea21

Reaction score

Well.. i agree.. he should change the title to something Bolder, Bigger and more eye-candyish

He needs to work on his spelling.. thats true but dont be sarcastic! it aint nice.. :D:rolleyes:

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
This seems so basic, Look over at the hive wc3 campaigns at their RPG maps and system, This can't even fetch anything,

You should start on another project, I on my opinion don't like wc3 rpgs unless they are awesome and good.

So, you haven't read it and you think that it is bad. LOL you will become the worlds greatest lawyer, with such iron arguments. And, I only take advice from suppiriors then me, I bet you are a worse triggerer, terrener and icon maker, and map maker then me so think of your post this way- a free post count, nothing moore then that.

Furby

Reaction score
Updated first post.. fixed all (I hope all) grammar errors. Thread got new formatting. ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.