WIP Unnamed RTS

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
This is a map I feel I've completed enough of to finally put into alpha testing. It has most of the stuff I want, although I'm still adding a little bit more. A few more alignments, and slightly larger terrain, and a few balance fixes. Anyways:

This is a typical altered melee. Your primary resource is lumber, and mana is collected as a secondary resource by building mana springs and training certain spellcasting units. Type -ally <player number> or -unally <player number> to ally or unally. Max food limit is 200.

I designed this to be more based around expanding and attacking then a lot of the altered melee's currently out there. There's no pure designated wall unit, and there's a lot of siege that can be trained/built by engineers or naval yards, so to avoid losing you must expand early and often!

You lose when you control 0 unit-producing structures and 0 workers.

I can't test this to often (almost never), so you need to be VERY specific about units you think are weak or strong. Replays would be appreciated, also, if you could give a vague approximation when a battle took place to illustrate the point, although that's a lot to ask. Lastly, be sure to mention what units you got relative to what the opponent got, to make sure that the units were actually overpowered and you weren't just sending infantry to the most specialized anti-infantry units that chew them up.

Link to the most recent version:
http://epicwar.com/maps/130647/

Also, if anyone would be interested in helping me by holding tests where I can play I'm on USEast.

Thanks for any reviews, comments and criticisms you can provide! :)

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Provoke doesn't require the research to be used.

Otherwise, seems pretty much like Village Builder. Pretty original with mana though. Good luck.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Provoke doesn't require the research to be used.

Otherwise, seems pretty much like Village Builder. Pretty original with mana though. Good luck.

a few questions: what would you rate it on a scale of 1-10, did you think there was some strategy involved at least, and what did you like the most and hate the most about this map?

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Didn't really get to test it, but it seemed pretty much like any village builder I've played, with the exception of mana.

Didn't really get what Mana was about though, I know its a resource, but it seemed to tell players to keep their mages and base so they won't die. This is kinda bad for combat, since players may choose to play defensive and drag the game on to get loads of mana.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Didn't really get to test it, but it seemed pretty much like any village builder I've played, with the exception of mana.

Didn't really get what Mana was about though, I know its a resource, but it seemed to tell players to keep their mages and base so they won't die. This is kinda bad for combat, since players may choose to play defensive and drag the game on to get loads of mana.

Just to clarify, is it a bad thing that it's like village builder, or not? And there are a few differences... there's a food limit so you can't spam units to a massive lag-fest, and I tried to make everything have various counters... and most games like this seem to have one overly-defensive player, but then you can just get siege!

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Bump, although no one is really keeping track: I made a few balance changes based on the fact that I could FINALLY test this map twice... and I added a dragon roost in the top left that can be captured to allow the owner to train dragons, added 1 or 2 more AA units... and the map finally has a name! It is now known as kingdom builder! Updated link is in the first post.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
bump, newest version released, although I still can't get screenshots cuz none of my friends are willing to host...

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
another massive bump, lots of balancing changes and bug fixes have been done, please leave suggestions!

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Tested it was fun but it was a lil laggy for me with my shitty internet. If you want i can test on UsEast. My account name is HeX.16.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Tested it was fun but it was a lil laggy for me with my shitty internet. If you want i can test on UsEast. My account name is HeX.16.

I added you... and apparently you enjoyed it, but did you notice any flaws if I may ask?

HeX.16

Reaction score
1. Well after you pick your "race" is it possible to be teleported into trees? Because it seems random.

2. Spells is a little off. But i dont care.

3. Mana icons should be the same as the units one.

4. Better model for gate.

5. Remove the "worker" classification from War Dogs.

6. Increase the size of Minotaur Kings selection circle. Its tiny.

7. War Dogs can attack trees.

8. Mention how the upgrade center works in the loading screen.

9. How does the "banisher" and the "inquisitor" work. He does dispel or kill mages in 2-3 hits.

10. Make Battering Ram Melee.

11. Mamoth Artillary is to cheap if you ask me.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
1. Well after you pick your "race" is it possible to be teleported into trees? Because it seems random.

2. Spells is a little off. But i dont care.

3. Mana icons should be the same as the units one.

4. Better model for gate.

5. Remove the "worker" classification from War Dogs.

6. Increase the size of Minotaur Kings selection circle. Its tiny.

7. War Dogs can attack trees.

8. Mention how the upgrade center works in the loading screen.

9. How does the "banisher" and the "inquisitor" work. He does dispel or kill mages in 2-3 hits.

10. Make Battering Ram Melee.

11. Mamoth Artillary is to cheap if you ask me.

Two things I need to clarify... how are the spells a little off, and what do you mean about the mana icons needing to be changed?

HeX.16

Reaction score
1. Sorry spelling**
Like Capitol lol.

2. The icon for the "harvested mana" is holy lights icon where as the units use the original icon which is a blue "orb thing". Change one of the two to make them the same.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.