Other Untitled New Project – Looking for Interested

Sharp

Reaction score
Untitled New Project – Looking for Interested
Codename Buzzard

1. Preface

The Helper Community, for this I’ve been waiting too long. I want to start a new big project and it will need some interested people for joining the development team. I think we all agree that with the right people we can do everything we want; it is just a matter of time and dedication.

-

The project is still untitled this is because I want all members of this project giving ideas for the future name. This is going to be something big, with a great community behind it, good developers, great playability, stunning effects, epic scenario/terrain, unique spells/models/units. So if you are a creative person with that likes some Players versus Player action going on, you will love this map. The real deal behind this is that we are going to make players feel the action.

-

People who had the opportunity to play some decent MMO know what I’m talking about, the Player vs. Player tension is so good and we are going to explore this feature the best way we can. I’m feeling excited about all this, so I’m thinking when we got more members and more close to the beta testing I will host an website for publishing this work better.​

2. Gameplay Main Feature

- Insane Player vs. Player action.

“Player versus player, or PvP, is a type of multiplayer interactive conflict within a game between two or more live participants. This is in contrast to games where players compete against computer controlled opponents, which is correspondingly referred to as player versus environment (PvE). The terms are most often used in games where both activities exist, particularly MMORPGs, MUDs and other computer role-playing games.” – Wikipedia

So we’re bringing this key (Insane PvP action) concept in our project, along with PvE. The action must focus more on PvP but we’re not letting the creeping/leveling process all behind, no that’s not it. As a side note: if you ever played MMORPGs you know theres no better feeling in gaming than owning your enemies in a PvP. Also this PvP action must be in a way that no player can “occasionally” kill another, it must require strategy and skill.

-

- Superb eye-candy and contextual spells.

Aion Eye Candy - Wonderful Spells
aion5.jpg

aion1.jpg

aion4.jpg

aion3.jpg

aion2.jpg

“Beauty is a characteristic of a person, animal, place, object, or idea that provides a perceptual experience of pleasure, meaning, or satisfaction” – Wikipedia

So with this definition of beauty we can bring this to the subject – spells. When we are developing the spells and skills for this project, we’re going to make them good for the eyes. Because of that we might need some good models for them, that’s why this team need some dedicated/good model designer, to make the spell the best model they can.

-

- Player skill matters! No imbalanced heroes/items.

If you ever played some MMORPG you certainly faced this issue. Some games offer ways of players acquiring certain items that other players doesn’t stand a minimal chance against them. This is called game balancing, and this should be very well done. No one wants to play a game where you can get 1 hit kill/1 hit die. That’s not fun !​

-

- Party. That means there will be “support type” heroes.

Teams (not defined how they are going to be) will work like partys, that means they must work together to manage their win. This must be discussed and defined as there can be many different situations like 6v6, 5v5, 4v4v4, etc…

3. Development Main Points

- Cooperative teamwork. Project development through the Iterative Cycle.​

Iterative_development_model_V2.jpg

“The basic idea behind iterative system is to develop the project incrementally, allowing the developers to take advantage of what was being learned during the development of earlier, incremental, deliverable versions of the system. This is for software development, but we can rework it and adjust for our needs.”

-​

- Creative members.​

“Creativity is a mental process involving the discovery of new ideas or concepts, or new associations of the existing ideas or concepts, fueled by the process of either conscious or unconscious insight.” – Wikipedia.

We must be creative, there’s no way of making a good map if we lack creativity.​

-​

- vJASS based development.​

We’re going to use Object-Oriented Programming, and so, the way to to this is vJASS. Don’t know if we’re going to use ZINC.
Side note: I’m very commited to code quality. If something don't looks it won't enter until refactoring.

4. Required Members

Experienced vJASS Coders.
This group will handle the map coding.Must be experienced.

Experienced and Creative Model and Texture Designer.
This group creates models/textures for the map.

Experienced and Creative Terrain Designer.
This group designs the maps terrain.

Community Manager
When we start our community, people in this group will help to manage it.

Creative Counselor
Very important to the project, however, not in the development part, but in the suggestive part. Ideas for new features, etc.

5. Final Words / Notes

Thanks to TheHelper.net for keeping this community growing every day more and more.​

If you want to join the team, send me a PM with your info and background or post it here!

This page can and will change every time needed. For now, so long.​

Sharp

Reaction score
Yes please, refer to this application form.

Application Form

Area of Application: (Coding / Terrain / Modeling / Texturing)
References: Links to things you already accomplished. Some spell, texture, map you worked on, so I can refer to your skill.
What Else would you like to do? : Example (give project ideas)

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
I have no time for doing any serious coding, but I can offer some good advice.

This looks like you have some cool ideas, and I have nothing but respect to guys with cool ideas. Right now Id wanted to hear something more about what you have in mind, before Ill start to post countless number of cool ideas Ive had over the years.

Sharp

Reaction score
Wait a minute, I just woke up. Spent the night formatting this thread and went to bed very late.

Sharp

Reaction score
Is the screenshot even from Warcraft???

- You know they ain't. They are from Aion a MMORPG. I posted it here to show the kind of effects I was talking about and also because I love those MMROPGs spells.

I also wan't to make spells, I'll do both, but where's the map.

-Are you sure you readed the whole post? We're going to use the iterative system, everyone codes in small pieces then we assemble that pieces. But for now there's no need to start coding in hurry.

Ok I've added him you the project team. But now for Viikuna, you could be a counselor, you give ideas and doesn't code anything. But for now, you don't have to write much, wait for more basis to come :)

The problem here is to get new people doing different things, as you see, few people looked at the thread, this is because this area of the forum has just a couple of views.

Note: Where you guys live? I'm at GMT-4

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.