Other Untitled New Project – Looking for Interested

Sharp

Reaction score
No. Why you think that? I just said thats why because of the time difference :x

So let's stop this chat, cause it's going off-topic.

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
1 : Is this supposed to be like WoW? The movement system?
2 : The heroes, are all spells to be coded?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you two 'Experienced vJass Coders' even know vJass, by any chance?

Sharp

Reaction score
1 : Is this supposed to be like WoW? The movement system?
2 : The heroes, are all spells to be coded?

1. No, we're using the built-in moviment system.
2. No, we can have all kinds of abilities. Passive, actives, auras. But spells that needs to be coded = vJass.

Do you two 'Experienced vJass Coders' even know vJass, by any chance?

This we will see. Hope they are. They said so, I believe them.
Also I can't answer this for them.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
Well, i was gonna say that a long time ago but i was afraid it would be labeled bashing/flaming...

Anyway, dont get in too over your heads with such a big project (which hasnt even started yet.)

The more 'experienced' people dont really like joining unstarted projects.
Even if the ideas themselves are cool, it takes a while to actually implement.
And presenting them with nothing would not get their attention.

And you, Sharp also need to show some of your past stuff.
Like how competent are you in coding vJASS, sample spells or sytems, past projects.

Sharp

Reaction score
Well, i was gonna say that a long time ago but i was afraid it would be labeled bashing/flaming...

Anyway, dont get in too over your heads with such a big project (which hasnt even started yet.)

The more 'experienced' people dont really like joining unstarted projects.
Even if the ideas themselves are cool, it takes a while to actually implement.
And presenting them with nothing would not get their attention.

This project has already started, we just don't DEVELOPED anything yet.
If you, that I consider for now a smart guy, read the topic title, you would understand that the kind of people I'm looking is the enthusiast people, people that want to join something really new, that captures people desires.

Please, don't understimate that.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Because Cassiel is my wc3 modding idol, Id like to quote him here:

Sure it is. The myth of the game designer whose only job is to have great ideas is just that: a myth. In reality, if you don't know how to code, your map will fail. If you don't know how to create or manipulate graphical elements like special effects, character models and UI widgets, your map will fail. In general, if you don't know how to do everything that is necessary to see your map through to completion by yourself, your map will fail. And of course, if you proceed as though you're going to create some brilliant premium map and make a million dollars, your map will fail. You're not the creative genius you think you are, and your game idea sucks. So start learning C++, start learning 3ds Max and Photoshop or their equivalents, start learning the fundamentals of game design and game theory, and stop daydreaming about that amazing map you're going to make that somehow won't involve any hard work.

There was something in that first post that captured my attention, and why I posted here in the first place. And Romek, even if Chaos Knight aint a good vJasser yet, he will learn it best by actually doing some stuff for some map.

Sharp

Reaction score
In my respect for Viikuna, I must tell you what I do for living.

I have a software and web development company and i have passion for gaming. My main programming language is C# and I'm very commited to code quality and best practices.

I also do have a background as designer, as I started my company doing websites. So I pretty much know about design.

The reason that I'm here is that I don't want to make this map all by myself, but rather do it with a team. That's more fun. I could do it all by myself? Probably! But I don't have that kind of desire. Also I don't want to make a million dollars, I am already rich enough.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Then it should be OK and you can make it, because in the end it will be you who will have to push the project forward. No matter how many people you have helping you, its always your responsibility. If some guy dissappears, you need to be able to do the job he was going to do.

I kinda quessed that you have some that kind of history. Like I said, the first post kinda gave me an impression like that.

Anyways, wc3 modding is all about knowing all the little tricks and bugs and thingies. Editor gives way too very little direct control over the stuff in game, and thats why people rely heavily on big vJass systems for doing stuff, instead of relying on wc3s native abilities and mechanics ( Because those cant be really controlled. )

Basicly the more you script stuff by yourself, the more you have control over it.

Sharp

Reaction score
Then it should be OK and you can make it, because in the end it will be you who will have to push the project forward. No matter how many people you have helping you, its always your responsibility. If some guy dissappears, you need to be able to do the job he was going to do.

I kinda quessed that you have some that kind of history. Like I said, the first post kinda gave me an impression like that.

Anyways, wc3 modding is all about knowing all the little tricks and bugs and thingies. Editor gives way too very little direct control over the stuff in game, and thats why people rely heavily on big vJass systems for doing stuff, instead of relying on wc3s native abilities and mechanics ( Because those cant be really controlled. )

Basicly the more you script stuff by yourself, the more you have control over it.

That's right. Nuf said!

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Any ideas about lore stuff and whatkind style of game this is gonna be?

Id like to hear some more.

Sharp

Reaction score
I think it is going to have a particular style, I think there's no style which I can really compare.

I want to do something like MMORPG's PvP, but with warcraft 3 camera system, i won't like to uses rpg style camera (behind the character).

About the lore...well that's something I didn't thinked about, I'm more worried about the game mechanix.

eclypt

Reaction score
if ya want a terrainer, then i'll be mighty in :D i have nothing to do , just terrain, i love it XD

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
From reading these posts it makes it seem like "Chaos_Knight" is running the project, am i correct?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.