upgrade help!

Zorobay

Reaction score
Hi.

This is just a simple question so it should not take a long time but I need help. I'm making an upgrade with the effect "Hit Point Bonus %". Now i want it to rais the unit's health with 5 percent for each upgrade level. What should i put the...

Hit Point Bonus % - Increment
Hit Point Bonus % - Base

...as?

(Would be nice to understand how they work, because they always rais the health wrong!)

I

InstilledBee

The value you put there is multiplied by 100, being it taking percentage values, therefore, to get what you want, you should divide what you normally put in it by 100.

For example, I want to have an upgrade to raise my units' hitpoints by 5%, I put in 0.05, because I have to divide by 100, and Warcraft multiplies the value I put in there by 100 in-game.

BTW, The 'Increment' and 'Base' fields are used if the upgrade has multiple levels.

For example, let's take the upgrade I mentioned earlier and give it 2 levels. If I research it for the first time, I get a 5% hitpoint bonus. Now if I put 0.05 again on the 'Increment' field, and I research the upgrade's "Level 2" upgrade (because I already researched the first level), I get 10% hitpoint bonus in total.

0.05 (Base) + 0.05 (Increment, because I have Level 2) = 0.10 (10%)

Hope this helps! :)

Zorobay

Reaction score
okay thanks, but I found out that the base one affects the unit's Stats - Hit Points Maximum (Base) and not it's overall hit points. Can i change that? And btw, what is the Stats - Hit Points Maximum (Base), because a hero with it set to "120" ends up with 550 hp?! What is the logic in that?

I

InstilledBee

The Stats - Hit Points Maximum (Base), is indeed the base Max HP of a Hero unit, that is, it's the max HP he has before all the bonus are counted in.

These bonuses include, but are not limited to, upgrades, items in the Hero's inventory, and the Strength attribute. Remember, the STR attribute raises max HP for each point the Hero has. The 550 you see is the final, calculated max HP: Base + STR Attribute + All other bonuses.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.