Upgrades Not Working Properly...

mightylink

Reaction score
I am trying to make an upgrade to work on all heroes in my map, I have successfully created an upgrade that adds 25% more health but it is only working on some heroes even though I added the upgrades used to all of them...

When I look in the upgrade properties I see Stats - Class and a list:
NONE
Armor
Artillery
Melee
Ranged
Caster

But I cannot find that option in the hero properties, there is no Stats - Class in the unit tab.

So basiclly, how do I get my upgrade to apply to all my heroes? They are a mix of ranged and melee, but I do not see an option to officially define them as ranged or melee, only in the attack damage type...

Zanderist

Reaction score
I'm thinking Create a dummy upgrade.

Then set an event to Dummy finishes being researched.

Actions
Pick every unit in Playable map area own by player x
If picked unit is unit type Hero X or Hero Y then do add 25% life to unit's current HP else do nothing.

That's how I can think you can do it from the top of my head.

mightylink

Reaction score
there is nothing in the hero settings that define them as a class?

i do see one option Unit Clasification but it doesnt have any of the options from Unit Class <_<

Or maby is race my problem with the upgrade? it only applys to a certain race?

Well if this cant be solved then I got another idea, in my map players only play 1 hero so i can duplicate the upgrade for all 3 classes and make the building that researches the upgrades switch the abilities depending on what hero was chosen.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
I tried it out and created the upgrade (hit point bonus %) with the class set as none and it worked fine for all the heroes I placed, even heroes I made after upgrading. One thing I noticed however, the hit point bonus isn't a % :S for example I put the base increment as 0.25 and it increased the hp of all heroes by 25 hit points.... I tried setting it at 10.00 and it increased all their hp by 1000... so it's not actually a % increase like it says. I don't think there is any easy way to increase a unit's hp by a percentage sorry

Summoned

Reaction score
Most heroes have a base health of 100 (Anu'Barak has 25). Bonus health granted by Strength is not affected by upgrades.

0.25 x 100 = 25.
10 x 100 = 1000.

... Yeah. :(

jwallstone

Reaction score
The Stats - Class has absolutely no effect on how the upgrade is applied or who can use the upgrade. What it does is to increment the level on the Upgrade Art. For example, footmen use melee attacks. If you click a footman in game, you will see an icon with a number next to the damage numbers. That icon and number shows what Level of upgrade the footman has. Now, since the footman uses an upgrade that has Stats - Class equal to Melee, when you finish the upgrade, the game will know to increment the upgrade level icon. Same thing for ranged, artillery, armor. It just shows what level of upgrades the unit has for attack or armor. For Caster, it's the same thing, just like when you upgrade caster units in the normal melee game, except that you can add additional caster tooltips under the Unit Editor.

To have a hero use an upgrade, you just need to give it the upgrade under Upgrades Used. Nothing more. It's the exact same thing as any for other unit.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
Most heroes have a base health of 100 (Anu'Barak has 25). Bonus health granted by Strength is not affected by upgrades.

0.25 x 100 = 25.
10 x 100 = 1000.

... Yeah. :(

yeah exactly, so it's not a % increase of a unit's real hp. If you were to create a dummy upgrade and trigger it all out, you'd need to work out the units current hp including strength and item bonuses, and also increase the upgrade bonus with each level and item swap... I dunno it just seems like a major screw around for such a simple concept. Best to just create an upgrade that gives a set increase imo lol

Zanderist

Reaction score
I say forget about precentages and just use an upgrade that increases a units health by x amount of hit points.

However, precentages could work with hit point regenaration.

Or even add x precent to amount of damage reduced.

TheCrystal

Reaction score
If you want to increase a unit's base HP by a percent, just do x1.##, so 1.25 increases HP by 125%. If you want it to increase HP based on current hit points then you're going to need to trigger that through an abilityhack.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.