Upgrading ROC world editor to TFT world editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_mai78102

Reaction score
I want to know if the ROC version world editor (WE) can be upgraded to TFT version WE. Since I read some posts about the bugs that appeared when saving maps like w3x to w3m or vice versa, I was wondering if the WE is able to countertackle the bugs that cause this problem. I could say, the bugs are from the TFT version, so why not install it into the ROC version, so it could use the models from the TFT?

In order to support this: search for "w3x to w3m" in the search forum, and look it up. Darg said something about modeled files extracted into w3m files could change it to w3x files. But i'm not 100% clear, around 70% or so.

Back to topic, anyone could tell me, is great. :D

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
isnt
w3x - Maps that are using TFT stuff like the trigger editor, TFT units, ant etc..
w3m - Maps that are not using anything related to TFT

Reaction score
And I want to try my hand at creating maps in the limited environment of the RoC editor, but I don't know how to degrade the TFT editor.. any ideas?

tom_mai78102

Reaction score
And I want to try my hand at creating maps in the limited environment of the RoC editor, but I don't know how to degrade the TFT editor.. any ideas?

You want to degrade? :confused:
Why?

I thought upgrading ROC versions would satisfy anybody.

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
216199 said:
Trust me, the Tft editor is limited enough...

In order to support this: search for "w3x to w3m" in the search forum, and look it up. Darg said something about modeled files extracted into w3m files could change it to w3x files. But i'm not 100% clear, around 70% or so.
It's just that Blizzard decided to "forget" to remove some of the Tft-only stuff from the Roc editor, forcing it to be a w3x (tft map) file as soon as you save. It's just a way to try to get you to buy the expansion.
If you have the Tft expansion, just install it and get the latest patch by going on to b.net (as if to sign in, and it will say it's downloading files). And that's it. Really just a few things changed from editor to editor, and it's less of a new editor and just the Roc editor with a few new things like Tft models and some new trigger stuff.

Leo

Reaction score
TFT editor is oh so much better than the RoC one. You can import stuff into your map with the TFT only import manager and still have it be RoC compatible. Also, you can use most (everything I have tried has worked, but I havent tried them all) TFT trigger functions in RoC maps as long as you just convert the functions to custom text when your done and before you save.

Degrading the editor is easy, I believe you just need to delete one file from your WC directory, and it should go back to RoC editor, or so I read once.

D

Dr4gonL0rd

216199 said:

lol, I do that every day; I only have ROC. Just a suggestion, don't get too attached to be able to make custom spells or use JASS :p

Anyway:

>Well...
>
>
>can it at least upgrade?

What do u mean? Do you want the TFT editor without actually buying the expansion?

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
You could always just buy TFT and get the full benifit rather than trying to figure out how to do this by becoming an uber limewire pirate.

tom_mai78102

Reaction score
I don't want an uber pirated TFT editor!

All I ask was: CAN IT BE UPGRADED?

Answer it first, then comment it.

Tonks

Reaction score
Blizzard makes you buy TFT to get a decent WE. That's just the way they handle their products. They want money, so they make the RoC editor crap, then make a better one that you can get for another $50. (And then they only sell the WC3 battlechest in Alaska, so I have to buy it all for $60 and have 2 copies of roc! Yay! :nuts: )

No. You cannot 'upgrade' to TFT editor. You CAN download a pirate version of TFT online, but that's stealing and is very against the law and very stupid, and those generally prohibit you from playing on RoC as well, because of the CD key thing, and since this subject isn't supported on TH, I'm gonna shut up now. :rolleyes:

tom_mai78102

Reaction score
No.Nein.不能.

//1000 posts was here.

I didn't know you could type Chinese, you Taiwanese?

Blizzard makes you buy TFT to get a decent WE. That's just the way they handle their products. They want money, so they make the RoC editor crap, then make a better one that you can get for another $50. (And then they only sell the WC3 battlechest in Alaska, so I have to buy it all for $60 and have 2 copies of roc! Yay! :nuts: )

No. You cannot 'upgrade' to TFT editor. You CAN download a pirate version of TFT online, but that's stealing and is very against the law and very stupid, and those generally prohibit you from playing on RoC as well, because of the CD key thing, and since this subject isn't supported on TH, I'm gonna shut up now. :rolleyes:

Okay, okay, okay. I just ask can it be upgraded, I didn't say I want it so bad that you have to say a lot of things. I know piracy is against the law. Just asking. Sheeh! :rolleyes:

Edit: Tonks, could you help me out here ?

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
Yes, but not legally.
You'd just need to copy over the new .mpqs and worldedit.exe.

tom_mai78102

Reaction score
Ooo! Now you let it lose, will anyone else make a comment?

Unless you write it in a hidden form.
What I meant was, if there is a way to upgraded the WE, is a good start on this thread. :D

Not about piracy! Not about illegal stuff! :D

G

Goauld

You can't have the TFT editor if you don't have TFT and don't want to become a pirate. Period. Question answered. Period.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
generally the answer is no...even if you do manage to upgrade the editor only...how do you intend to play/test your map?
just buy tft if you want to use the tft editor. its simple like that.

question answered, no need to keep this open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.