Using items to support team upgrades in an AoS

mr_fj

Reaction score
Why is this trigger not working:
Trigger:
  • Iron Plating
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells an item (from shop)
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Sold Item)) Equal to Iron Plating
    • Actions
      • Item - Remove (Sold Item)
      • Neutral Building - Remove Iron Plating from (Selling unit)
      • Neutral Building - Add Steel Plating to (Selling unit) with 1 in stock and a max stock of 1
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Owner of (Buying unit)) is in Team1) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Set the current research level of Iron Plating to 1 for Player 11 (Dark Green)
        • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Owner of (Buying unit)) is in Team2) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Player - Set the current research level of Iron Plating to 1 for Player 12 (Brown)
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing

The only thing that happens is that I loose my money and the Item, after that the trigger aperently stops?

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Are there only two teams?
If yes, you can remove the second 'If/Then/Else', and instead use the first 'Else'. (If *Buyer* is in Team 1, then do .. Else do...)
-Remove the 'Do Nothing' action, it's useless.

You're setting the research level to 1, try a different number. (2, for example.)

mr_fj

Reaction score
Are there only two teams?
If yes, you can remove the second 'If/Then/Else', and instead use the first 'Else'. (If *Buyer* is in Team 1, then do .. Else do...)
-Remove the 'Do Nothing' action, it's useless.

You're setting the research level to 1, try a different number. (2, for example.)

Yeah I thought of that, but I was afraid it would cause some sort of trouble? I dunno I probably should do that yeah :)
-Someone once old me that a Do Nothing would help Warcraft clear up temporary data, I think I'm gonna keep Do nothings where ever there is a loose end, just to be safe :) No offense to you.

Um that could explain that, but why doesn't it replace the item? (second and third action)

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Um that could explain that, but why doesn't it replace the item? (second and third action)
Try using (Triggering Unit) (always use (Triggering Unit)), instead of (Selling Unit).

I think I'm gonna keep Do nothings where ever there is a loose end, just to be safe :) No offense to you.
It's your trigger that uses worthless actions, it's up to you. ^^

Bird

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
1. Your shop must have the ability "Sell Items" to use that trigger action.
2. To remove an item from a shop via trigger, the item must have been added via trigger. You can't remove an item that was there by default.

mr_fj

Reaction score
1. Your shop must have the ability "Sell Items" to use that trigger action.
2. To remove an item from a shop via trigger, the item must have been added via trigger. You can't remove an item that was there by default.

1. It does. Edit: Oh wait... Now it does ;D Thanks :)
2. Ok, I'll go try it out.

Edit2: Can items be added during map intialization?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.