Weird Vampires a Mathematical Impossibility

K

Kushan

Silver

Ok, I know this is a huge bump, but I really couldn't resist.

About the whole silver thing:

Silver is a very unique metal, as it has scientific properties that make it very useful.

First, Silver is the most reflective element on earth.

Second, it is the most conductive element on earth, of both heat and electrical current. (That's right, Silver wire > Copper wire)

But, these properties pale in comparison to the final property:

Silver's use as an anti-biotic, and for burn treatment. For some reason, Silver is the ultimate anti-biotic, it kills all bacteria it comes into contact with, but leaves the host cells alone. (Of course this is assuming that 1, you take it in very small doses and 2, you aren't a werewolf, of course!)

Despite this, Silver's most common use, medically speaking, is for burn recovery, this is because of it's anti-biotic properties. The biggest problem with burn wounds is that, because severe burns kill so many skin cells and potentially cutoff bloodflow to an area, they greatly increase the chance of infection. By using silver in burn dressings, infection-causing bacteria are eliminated, and as a result the wound heals at a remarkably faster rate than without.

Also, Silver has, throughout history, been seen as a pure metal, and even a holy metal, thus, if we assume that the werewolf is unholy (which is not necessarily true), then the silver should have an effect on a werewolf that is analogous to the effect holy water has on vampires.

In theory, it comes down to your definition, if a werewolf has no control over itself, it could be seen as unholy, due to it's nature.

But the Lycanthrope, on the other hand, can have control, therefore it can physically choose to be holy or unholy. Heck, if you want to go to extremes, you could have a Lycan as a firey Southern Baptist Reverend, holding a silver cross and blessing people, and him be completely unaffected by the silver. Or you could have a satanist lycan that gets the crap burned out of him whenever he even tries to eat with silver-plated silverware.

Of course this is assuming that silver really is holy. (which it isn't, unless you bless it)

Therefore, we must conclude that Werewolves and Lycanthropes alike are not vulnerable to silver in and of itself, but rather, blessed or holy silver. That is, depending on the Werewolf/Lycanthrope's lifestyle, of course.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
sorry, I know this post is like a year old, butI just have to bump this, is funny in my opinion. I was just looking around thehelper and found this thread

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I have a neighbor that thinks he's a psychic vampire that feeds off the mental aura people have or something. He's such a creepass.... And he's a liar. Everyone knows that psychic vampires are pale because all of their power is focused in their mentality, not their physicalities.

What does math have to do with this? I'm too lazy to read the article because I know that my great great great grandfather was a vampire because he has a portrait and he was pale and he had a cape on in it. Which means that I'm immortal... so I can do anything as long as I stay away from wooden stakes.... This could work out in my favor after all!

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
According to the article, Vampires can only survive by feeding. They feed by sucking on other people, and at the same time, they convert the other person too. Eventually, the whole world would be a vampire, especially with the population at the time of Dracula.

Varine

Reaction score
According to the article, Vampires can only survive by feeding. They feed by sucking on other people, and at the same time, they convert the other person too. Eventually, the whole world would be a vampire, especially with the population at the time of Dracula.

Yeah, because the real Dracula was definately a vampire /sarcasm.... Some sadistic douchebag, he was.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
Yes, they SAY there's oxygen. But has it ever been proven to you? Right there in front of you?!

yes actually, ever heard of an aerobic respiration test?

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
Just a simple question that pretty much debunks even this math

What about if the vampire kills the host first, drags the body away, and THEN feeds on it? :eek:

Or perhaps if they grabbed a straw or something and stabbed it into the hosts neck?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
There's no vampires...
But, if they didn't pass down their vampire thingy, then they would be smart and have blood banks :D

Varine

Reaction score
There's no vampires...
But, if they didn't pass down their vampire thingy, then they would be smart and have blood banks :D

Dude didn't you ever see Blade? That's EXACTLY how it works.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.