Sci/Tech Vaporware 2008: Crushing Disappointments, False Promises and Plain Old BS

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Wired published their 11th annual Vaporware Awards, the annual roundup of the tech industry's biggest, brashest and most baffling unfulfilled promises.

This year, handset makers were exhaling more vapor than anyone — eager to compete with the iPhone and to cash in on the excitement around Android and GPS-enabled services, the mobile sector was ripe with empty vows. Gamers had it rough again this year, too, as several key titles failed to ship on time.

Last edited by a moderator:

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
While I fully support the winner, I'd really like to know how in the @!#?@! number #4 made that list...

A lot of hopefuls heard rumors about it being released in December 2008. Some game magazines read this, and believed it as well. I forget if I read in on Game Informer, or if it was another gaming magazine, but I recall reading that information from print and saying to myself "they're not gonna hit that date."

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Yea, I wonder how anyone could attack a Blizzard game for that sort of a thing anyway. I figured that by now anyone with a brain would have figured out that any rumoured release date for a Blizzard game is generally a joke anyhow. It's not vaporware and empty promises if nobody takes it seriously. And if people were taking it seriously, they're stupid, and THEY shouldn't be taken seriously.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
Lol, I like the part where it says Duke Nukem has taken so long because they were playing too much World of Warcraft. Did I read that right?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.