Basic Terrain Tutorial: (20 minutes)

Primary Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3KE9B79G

Alternative Download:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Total File size: 126mb (Extracted)

Password to file: (Copy the below box completely)
Code:
madebytejew:G256S
Yes, I made the video, and hopefully it helps you.
There is songs playing in the background of the full tutorial, I thought it would lower the boredom of the tutorial. (If any)

Zedzy

ℑΣÐℑΨ
Reaction score
No offense, but I am a terrible terrainer, yet I didn't learn anything from the first bit on youtube, and I couldn't even find the rest on the site you gave. Were you trying to be helpful, or did you just want to show off your site?

Edit: I'm not trying to be mean, it's just that you can only see the full tutorial if we go on your site which will most likely not be very successful if you only get people on it by posting half a tutorial. Also, could you please post the video here with the youtube tags, instead of having to go to youtube just to see it. Finally, you seem very happy in your tutorial.

Edit 2: Why did you make t so that you can't embed it?

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Its a good start, but it needs more explanation especially on doodad editing and placement.

T

Tejew

Just edited my post where you can download the full tutorial, hopefully it helps, if not, sorry.

To Zedzy: I thank you for being truthful, and for the part where its only 5 minutes, is because I was hoping to get people to come to my forum so that I don't have to keep putting videos into 10 minutes parts every time I upload, so i just made a forum that would make everything easier, and for you not learning anything, I'm trying to be as detailed to help you learn, and as for being happy, I'm sorry for being in the molment. (PS: I actually only made it so you couldn't rate it, I didn't realize that I made it so you can't embed it.)

Zedzy

ℑΣÐℑΨ
Reaction score
Okay, so I joined, and ya. Sorry if I was a little over the top, it's just that I was really ****** off at that moment. Also, to me it looked more like spam then an actual tutorial, because you could only see all of it if we went to your site and registered. Finally, before I sign off for the night, I don't know how to download it XD so I asked on your forum.

Edit: I'm guessing your CSG, and if you are, you've been on the forum for over 17 months, wow.

T

Tejew

Yea, I've made that forum way long ago. xD I also answered your question on my forum.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
How come the tutorial is so big that it needs 126mb? :p

I was downloading it....

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Meh... Might possibly help begginers, but I can allready terrain better than that.

T

Tejew

Meh... Might possibly help begginers, but I can allready terrain better than that.

I'm very proud you can terrain better than this for if you read the topic "Basic Terrain Editing".

How come the tutorial is so big that it needs 126mb? :p

I was downloading it....

I have a widescreen monitor for my computer and I suck at compressing video files so please bare with me.

Sorry, this terrain is VERY PLAIN sorry again
Please explain what you see is so Very Plain, Tell me the time segment in the video and hopefully I can explain to you. (If you say the whole thing is very plain, perhaps you are just trying to be an ass and never actually watched the video.)

Daskunk

Reaction score
I'm very proud you can terrain better than this for if you read the topic "Basic Terrain Editing".

I have a widescreen monitor for my computer and I suck at compressing video files so please bare with me.
Yes indeed, but it seems like pretty much all you did was tuaght them how to put down doodads and weather effects, from the pictures.

T

Tejew

Yes indeed, but it seems like pretty much all you did was tuaght them how to put down doodads and weather effects, from the pictures.

Yea, it may seem that way, but I'm sure I explained a few things, as well as some keyboard shortcuts that could help you map faster. Just gotta watch the whole thing and listen. (I do plan on remaking this, but I need to know what exactly in full detail that you need help with so that It would be easier for me to explain to you and others.)

Andyoyo

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the video. Shallow water start is usually best then raise terrain for a beach effect, keep it up. Also, how do you keep your cool on the mic, lol I'm really shy when I try to do that :thup:

Keep the vids comin! Cuz im bringing some competition this May to your vids :D

T

Tejew

I really enjoyed the video. Shallow water start is usually best then raise terrain for a beach effect, keep it up. Also, how do you keep your cool on the mic, lol I'm really shy when I try to do that :thup:

Thanks for the feedback, and for keeping cool, I actually was nervous a bit, but to keep cool in my voice on the mic, I just made myself believe that i'm making this tutorial for myself and nobody else, usually that helps me not get nervous. I do plan on making an Advanced Terrain Tutorial, but I want to make sure that I'm not forgetting anything in the basic Terrain Tutorial. (If I am, please let me know so that I can add to into future tutorials.)

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
2 minutes 20 seconds is for creating map...
I like more naturally raised hills, so I would first create map with shallow water, and then raise it until ground shows. This can be used with "Increase One/Two" tool also, so it's more efficient instead lowering everything in shallow [ofcourse not in big map]. (IMO)
And, what I ment, spamming trees and adding one different terrain type is very plain.

I guess it's ok for "basic"...

Best Ideas Comes When You're Not Thinking
-> The Land Of Wonders
-> Simple Equipment System TuT

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
thats a bit too basic?
I think people know how to make cliffs and place doodads before they even find this site.

Maybe I should write a tutorial about 'How to open the world editor'

"Don't rush. put trees down 1 by 1. You want to make a good map" << Lets waste time.

"I won't do ramps because I'll stick to the basics" << Ramps are basic?

Trollvottel

never aging title
Reaction score
thats a bit too basic?
I think people know how to make cliffs and place doodads before they even find this site.

Maybe I should write a tutorial about 'How to open the world editor'

would be a good idea, many people ask for it :)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
would be a good idea, many people ask for it :)

MiniTutorial: How to Open the World Editor:
Go to the folder where you installed Wc3. By default its:
Code:
C:/Program Files/Warcraft III/World Editor.exe

Open it.

The End

Think I should submit it? :p

Daskunk

Reaction score
MiniTutorial: How to Open the World Editor:
Go to the folder where you installed Wc3. By default its:
Code:
C:/Program Files/Warcraft III/World Editor.exe

Open it.

The End

Think I should submit it? :p
No. Record it as a video first.

But I didnt watch this, so I can't say anything about it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.