[Videos] Video Tutorial Compilation

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
That's a good tutorial. One thing that stuck out, and I'm not saying this is a bad thing, is you say GUI as "gooey". I thought it was said as an acronym, just the letters, and found that quite funny the first time you said it.

And you have a weird way of testing. You open up warcraft everytime to test, rather then just pressing the built-in "Test Map" button.

Great tut though, woulda helped tons when I started trying to trigger spells. I was under the assumption a slide-type trigger would be really hard to make originally, found out after a while I was far overcomplicating it.

Orphen_123

Reaction score
i think some jass tutorials would be cool. very very basic stuff lol. or different kinds of sliding ones, Like priestess of the moon's Leap spell of dota and things similar to that. not sure how hard that spell would be to create though but just a suggestion :p
vid tutorial was good, hope to c more

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
You could make a tutorial telling people the basics of triggering things like making a spell,making special effects,turning of doodads and making nice terrains of course.

Atreyu

One Last Breath.
Reaction score
The sound is clear, when you have a microphone too.. It says

"Uhh, this is ReVolver from The Helper and I'm gonna show you how to make a simple knockback in Graphic User Interface or GUI. Let's start in making a trigger and name it "knockback GUI", ........

Good VIdeo

S

Skitz_24

I would like to make a suggestion.

Sometimes things like this are better for people if they are clearer.

You could possibly try writting (or typing) out what you want to say in the vid as a script, and that way if u ever get stuck, you have soemthing to help, just an idea, but good job none the less :D

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Knock yourself out :thup:

Ok I'm going to work on making some sort of script next time I work on my video

Attachments

• Arthas.png
    Arthas.png
    309.7 KB · Views: 312
  • arthaslogo.png
    arthaslogo.png
    36 KB · Views: 293
D

Dualchipmunk

More Spells

Thank you so much I didn't know how to do this at all and if you could it would be nice if you could make more spells and tell how you made the spell for the trigger.:thup: very cool idea:shades:. And I think the vid was fine the way it was. If you could tell how to make most of the dota spells that would be cool.

Zedzy

ℑΣÐℑΨ
Reaction score
If you have a question that doesn't relate to the topic of the thread, you should make another thread with your question, and please, don't double post (posting within 24 hours of each post.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the video delays :thdown: I have been sick over the week. I decided to make a video anyways :thup: here is a tutorial showing you how to make a minimap image preview picture. I made it so you can see cleary see the video using youtube.

[YOUTUBE]nxPgoJjyXLI&fmt=18[/YOUTUBE]

from youtube :
This is a simple thing you can add to your map so it looks really nice. The link to the program is:

http://www.irfanview.com/

It's free to download

Sorry about the audio getting glitchy in some part (it skipped a bit) when I compressed the audio.

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
Very helpful, ReVolver. That is one thing about maps I'd never figured out how to do before now, and always wondered how people did.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.