Viewing a cinematic through the eyes of a unit

Machop Fan

Reaction score
At the end of one of my maps, I hope to at one point create a camera that looks through the eyes of one of my units, so it pans and turns as the unit's head does. Is there a way to do this?

keychup

Reaction score
There's a Real value that detects "facing angle" but it won't detect the exact angle the head is facing. just the angle of the front.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
You'd have to update it to keep the camera facing if the unit turns.
Shouldn't be too, too hard?

Machop Fan

Reaction score
What command(s) do I use in the Trigger Editor to make the camera 'attach itself' to my unit?

keychup

Reaction score
how about Event - Keyboard Event

you can make it like this. the default camera is what you start with. if you press up, it will go to the unit's view. if you press down, it will go back to the default camera. you can also make more than 1 camera. :D

btw, i had a map with something like this so make sure auto-attack won't cause your unit to turn and acquire an enemy you dont want to fight. as long as it does that while your in unit's view you won't be able to command your unit to run away. :/

Machop Fan

Reaction score
how about Event - Keyboard Event

you can make it like this. the default camera is what you start with. if you press up, it will go to the unit's view. if you press down, it will go back to the default camera. you can also make more than 1 camera. :D

btw, i had a map with something like this so make sure auto-attack won't cause your unit to turn and acquire an enemy you dont want to fight. as long as it does that while your in unit's view you won't be able to command your unit to run away. :/

That's the problem. My plan is to do this during a fight scene in a cinematic, where my Ranger will lead an army into an undead base, and then get killed and raised as a Dark Ranger by a Lich.

EDIT: I've decided to soften it. Instead of the camera looking through the eyes of my ranger constantly, I've decided to only have it do so when she's dead (as in after her death animation is played; the computer still thinks it's a living unit in Neutral Passive). At the moment the camera is directly in line with the dead Ranger and the Lich that's about to raise her as a Dark Ranger, but the camera is facing down. I want it to face up towards the Lich's face.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.