Vista Lag (Driving me crazy)

idk_a_name

ABC GUM :D
Reaction score
I'm in desperate need of help.

I just spent 700 bucks on a new Gateway: Windows Vista 64-bit Home Premium with SP1. And it poops out and lags in every game I play, even wc3 I lag out almost all the time.

I have a ATI Radeon 3200 video card. 4 gb of RAM And Im running Vista Anti-Lag and I still can't play games. Any help would be wonderful to solve this problem.

idk_a_name

Reaction score
Only 3 that are out of date, Don't know how these 3 effect my gameplay.

Stuffs.jpg

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
i you use wireless then it is not causing the issue

if you use a wired connection yeah it mightbe a problem

to rule things out see if gateway has a newer 64 bit driver for the wired nic

idk_a_name

Reaction score
I was kind of thinking that, I have a 802. 11b/g Wireless LAN connection that came with the computer, but I also have a router connected. I don't know how to connect specifically to the router.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
are you connected to the router with a cable ??

what is the brand of the router ? not all routers function to well with windows vista

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I dunno, I don't use anti-lag or anything and I have only 2gb of RAM. That probably means that RAM isn't the problem... I don't know how good the ATI radeon 3200 is though, is that a good card or bad? Because that might be it.

idk_a_name

Reaction score
I dunno, I don't use anti-lag or anything and I have only 2gb of RAM. That probably means that RAM isn't the problem... I don't know how good the ATI radeon 3200 is though, is that a good card or bad? Because that might be it.

The card shouldn't be a problem, cause back in the days I played wc3 on a Windows 98 computer, 0 new parts added, and I could play wc3 B.net pretty fine, but I can have some moments where I lag hard on this comp. Doesn't make sense.

Reaction score
these work for me when i play games .

1) keep aero on , whenever i turn it off i get more lag in-game.

2) Open task manager ( CNTRL + ALT + DELETE ) go to the processes tab and find war3.exe and set its priority to highest.

3) Run the game as administrator

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
2) Open task manager ( CNTRL + ALT + DELETE ) go to the processes tab and find war3.exe and set its priority to highest.

3) Run the game as administrator

the last 2 comments from Triggerhappy are good things to try

the linksys should not be the problem tho i will check it if i have the time

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
There should be a way to slim down your windows settings, at least well your playing war craft you can turn these down. that should help Alot.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
This Shows you how to Make them max settings, but i am when you click max settings, there will be a option right next to it saying minimum or best preforming or something.

Who cares what windows looks like when your playing warcraft 3?

Site that should solve probelm. If not msg again and ill find one with pictures lol.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...FWdHlk8jzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20080208163736AAaS7nb

If this solves your problem...then + rep for me. Then ill go "Ya Ya more Rep"

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
isnt ATI radeon 3200 not really a card but an integrated chipset for the AMD 700 series? im pretty sure vista has a requirement of having a decent graphics card (i think it's 256 mb of memory min for aero and/or gameing)..

EDIT: confirmed, you dont have a graphics card (for $700 i think u got ripped off), but you should check and see if you have room on your motherboard for a graphics card and id suggest buying one... check what kind of open slots you have on your motherboard first tho and make sure you buy for that type

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.