wandering

acwel

Reaction score
hey i wanted to do a map with 3 "epics" that wander and can still attack, but whenever they attack they move away before it actualy attacks.....does any body know a way to do the wandering effect with attacking....ive tried the tornado wander and this trigger didnt work Capture.JPG
any help would be much appreciated....thank you in advance

NindoOne

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
As I understand it you want 3 units in a region owned by player 12 to wander inside a region, i would do it this way:
Trigger:
  • Wander
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Wander <gen> owned by Player 12 (Brown)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To (Random point in Wander <gen>)

There is a point leak in this trigger but you should not focus in removing leaks in your stage of knowlage with the editor.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
first of all its not just a point leak but a unit-group leak as well, and everybody should care about leaks, thats the very most important to learn before coding "real" maps with wc3. no matter how much effort you put in your map, if you dont remove memory leaks it will always be worthless.

Lord Regno

Reaction score
There is a point leak in this trigger but you should not focus in removing leaks in your stage of knowlage with the editor.

I think it's easier to do everything step by step and he don't need to edit the map lather on in 6h.

If it's exist to many leaks in the map it will be a black screen then you end the game and the game can lagg, the time will increase with every leak you have.

On my old map I had allot of leak and it took me 6h to fix it. And you could get black screen in 1-2 minutes on the map...

Here is about leaks:

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27219&highlight=memory+leak

NindoOne

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
WC3 mapping is outdated anyhow, thats why i dont want to teach others about leaks and stuff.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.