Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness [Yes, Warcraft II in Warcraft III]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerChi

Reaction score
what i n d a wrld? .....Translation please.....This map sounds AWESOME!
Please I hope you dont think I was trying to mock you.Try making a map with all those wc2 stuff as RTS and maybe on a wc2 map in wc3 form.Know what I mean?I read about it on www.battle.net/war2 I just guessed its address cause the warcraft 3 one is www.battle.net/war3 . I think it`s callecd commen snse.
I just downloaded ademo

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Yes! THANK YOU ANDREW! I've always wanted to make a war2 map, but I was always turned away since I wanted custom models based on war2 units. Could you somehow get war2 models? Please? You rock :)
Oh, about the using of the upkeep... I don't think that could work unless you have like 1 million different upkeeps and each one displays 1, 2 ,3 etc... But seeing as you are AndrewGosu you already know that o_O
This may be kind of stupid, but maybe each player has their own leaderboard that only they see that displays their gold, lumber, food, and oil? Then have the real gold and lumber part as something else?

PS: I saw someone say is there gonna be a human compaign, and as far as I'm concerned the orcs are way cooler and the campaigns are practically the same.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
There are gonig to be both campaigns. The Orc one is the first, because it is first in warcraft 2, too.

No need for different multi/leaderboards for players, because this is single player. (A campaign:p )

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Good to see someone working on this, hopefully this project will make it to its release unlike all the previous attempts I know of.

Anyway for the Oil it would be nice if you could go for using the food for it and put the actual food inside a multiboard. This might be a very hard/complicated solution, but it sounds better than the rest to me.

And GL with this, I'm sure you'll need it.

G

g1real

you know you can modify the amount of max food, so why dont you get the max food to 100000 and make a trigger to add +10 oil (or whatever) when a unit uses a skill (the skill has a set range) like return wood on the refinery, the skill is the same like return resources and is autocasted to the nearest thing, i could make the trigger but im lazy =P.

M

Magwill

I happened to visit these forums to search for some help on making my WC2 maps.

Its nice to see other people with ambitions :) While I'm not interested in joining this project as a member since I simply don't have the time, I'm happy to help and share thoughts about it.

Im mainly doing this for a LAN im having shortly after new years eve and im planning on posting a package with all the stuff I've used so that people can create their own maps. This is intended multiplayer only. Since I'm not an experienced mapper these things might be obvious for you, but it doesnt hurt to see.

Done so far:
  • All human units, upgrades and buildings with translated attributes from WC2
  • Fixed replacing of all archers into rangers and knights to paladins (like the headhunters into berserkers)
  • Fixed the problem with peasants not being able to create all the buildings by having an ability that turns them into Advanced Peasants that builds the advanced structures. The normal peasant only builds basic buildings. When you want to build basic buildings with your peasant, just click the ability again and he's a Peasant again.
  • Fixed so that peasants mine 100 gold and that they harvest 100 lumber each time. I fixed this by adding lumber bonus 90, making peasants do 10 damage to trees and increasing all tree HP by *10. This revealed a problem I'm still thinking of; demolition squad and sappers cant destroy trees with one explosion.
  • Some icons (Everything is ripped)
  • Some sounds (Everything is ripped)

Plans:
Adding naval units, oil and buildings.
Adding orcs
Adding the rest of the original icons to the game
Adding the rest of the original sounds to the game

PS. You should make it possible for several players to have control over the units in your campaign to make a CO-OP mode possible. And good luck!

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
How about still leaderboard ?

Just use "title" field you need for that 1 string variable what is for just spaces (30 spaces looks nice like I used.) then 1 for string "Oil" and lastly 1 for "Oil_Integer" then you should convert "Oil_Integer" to string "Oil" and short leaderboard. Just in case for 12 players "Oil_Integer" and "Oil" should have arry of 12 both but I think you know it yourself too.

KillerChi

Reaction score
So yes or no?Make it so mulitiple people can play it at the same time.Like them battling eachother.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Anyway for the Oil it would be nice if you could go for using the food for it and put the actual food inside a multiboard. This might be a very hard/complicated solution, but it sounds better than the rest to me.

Yes, I have thought about it, also.

And GL with this, I'm sure you'll need it.

Thank you.

you know you can modify the amount of max food, so why dont you get the max food to 100000 and make a trigger to add +10 oil (or whatever) when a unit uses a skill (the skill has a set range) like return wood on the refinery, the skill is the same like return resources and is autocasted to the nearest thing, i could make the trigger but im lazy =P.

You cannot make return resources autocastable. Plus, it only work for gold and lumber.
I have triggered the return process of the oil. (Stil lworking on it, tho.)

PS. You should make it possible for several players to have control over the units in your campaign to make a CO-OP mode possible. And good luck!

Thank you.

But at the moment, only single player campaign is the goal.

The real problem, that I will encounter, sooner or later, wil be the models. I have around 7-8 warcraft 2 models and many warcraft 3 models can be used as warcraft 2.

How about still leaderboard?

The leaderboard is too wide…

So yes or no?Make it so mulitiple people can play it at the same time.Like them battling eachother.

The goal ist o make a single player playable campaign.

Maybe in the future…

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
UPDATE:

I have finished the oil system. It doesn't require pre-placed units anymore. The only matter at present is still, how to show the oil.

Battle[StFh]

Reaction score
I'd say move the food to a still Multiboard, like Sooda suggested, and get the oil into the Food thingie, like SFilip said :p

That'd be best imo

M

Magwill

I'm currently working on the spells, and some of them are quite tricky to get working in WC3. Are you done with this part?

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
I'm up to help with this project. Although I dont know how much time I'll have over the next while. Let me know if you want me to do anything. Icons, Terrain, pictures, General triggering, beginers Jass. I have had modelling experience (Lightwave, Blender, Strata3D). I know how to model, but have never done anything for Wc3.

I'm basically saying, whatever you pick, I'll give it a go.

B

Bwinks

If you need any help with anything that doesn't take much skill to do (such as map creation or unit text... or anything like that) im in. I have alot of time, so... yeah

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Modelers and terrainers are greatly accepted. The main issue is that, there are no Oil rig, Foundry or Refinery models anywhere. Not to mention oil patch and etc models.

The plan is to make the Orc Campaigns first, after that, the Human Campaign. I'll be concentrating on developing the gameplay - oil system, spells etc.

Btw, someone should make map, where are all the WC2 units with the correct stats. So it would be neat to copy&paste them afterwards to every campaign map.

chovynz

Reaction score
I'll make a map to start the terrain ball rolling.

Orc Campaign
Act I: Seas of Blood
Chapter 1 - Zul'dare

No promises about the units, but I'll see what I can do

I reccomend we leave the UI just like it is. IMO, no need to make a UI based on the WCII one.

chovynz

Reaction score
Wondering if it worth making a collation of all the Wc2 - wc3 conversions or maps we can find? Here's one from right here. Haven't tested it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.