Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness [Yes, Warcraft II in Warcraft III]

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Bwinks, please edit your previous post and don't double post.

What I said was based on my opinion, and I loved the War II videos, that's the one thing I think War III lacked, lol.

Just for the record, you can skip the scrolling in War II, so you didn't have to wait :nuts:

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I have seen WC2 but never played it so I can't really be in this arugement
But I can do triggers or write quest which I'm doing for the cult project but w/e

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
By the way, once im done with my exams, i'm gonna go buck wild and try to create those building and unit mods as fast as i can.
Good luck with that...
If you know nothing about modelling, be prepared for a very long time learning the necessary stuff for you to produce a model that resembles <insert thing here) from WC2. This aint a discouragement, just a heads up for how much work there is in modelling...

B

Bwinks

Good luck with that...
If you know nothing about modelling, be prepared for a very long time learning the necessary stuff for you to produce a model that resembles <insert thing here) from WC2. This aint a discouragement, just a heads up for how much work there is in modelling...

hahahaha, yeah Chov. I am ready for the challenge and have a friend that is crazy expert with 3Dxmax (or some other graphic design program), so even if i have trouble, i'll have him help me out with it.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know if the saving the game would help you but if it doesn't we could put a code in for each level

But I'm pretty sure it saving is good

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
hahahaha, yeah Chov. I am ready for the challenge and have a friend that is crazy expert with 3Dxmax (or some other graphic design program), so even if i have trouble, i'll have him help me out with it.
I have (had, they stopped working for no reason) 3ds Max 5 and 7, and it's easy to model in them, but the way Warcraft makes animations is a total pain in the ass.

B

Bwinks

okay so i have designed a unit for testing for wc3, just to make sure i can import it correctly... and i can't: I can't find where the thread is but i was told that you can use blender for mod-making...

Does anyone know how to import blender object files (.blend)?

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Blender?
Anyhow, you have to get a (whatchamacallit) to give the program the capabilities to export mdls/mdxs. For example I downloaded a (whatchamacallit) for 3ds max so I just go Export, then choose mdx. You need one of those.
I thought you were using 3ds Max :nuts:

B

Bwinks

Plugin.
Blender.
Edit: now with sculpting capability. :eek:

lol, thanks Chov but.... ummm.... that really didn't help much. The list of scripts that they have that are used for import and exporting... is large [http://www.blender.org/download/python-scripts/import-export/]... the closest script-plugin i could find was called the QuickTime Cubic VR 6 Image Exporter ... and it turned out to be a text file... idk... i'll keep workin with blender until i save up a few extra $ to buy 3DsMAX or Maya or something like that.... (unless someone can dirrect me straight at the dl site for the plugin)

...well i's got my last final now, so i'll get on later...and maybe i'll see the correct 'plugin' next time

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Plugin! That's it!
3ds Max and Maya are REALLLLLYYY expensive, just dl it illegally*

*I do not support this, because I don't want to get arrested ;)

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
Offtopic: Make it in Blender. Then export to milkshape. Then export to wc3 format. No way round that process from Blender, sorry. I've put in a request that we can export straight to wc3 format, but that might be a while in being produced (if ever.)
As for buying Maya and 3DSMax...I'd go for 3ds. There's no point you buying Maya just for WC3 modelling. I'd only consider buying Maya if you were a graphics or production company speciallising in 3D graphics or animation. Maya ranges into the 2k-20k range (depending on what version and plugins you buy.) Then there's the yearly 1k+ fee for the license. 3DSMax is (i think) max of 1k? Blender is free and is AS POWERFUL as Maya.

Incidentally, Maya is used to create most of the movies that use computer graphics (Pirates of the Carribean, Batman, LOTR, etc...).

Plugin: you'll have to search around a bit for what you need. Remember I said be prepared for long hard work learning how to model and stuff? You haven't even got to that part yet. Again.. good luck. I hope you succed with this and that you can make good looking oil, oil refineries and w/e else needs making for this project. ;)

@Andrewgosu: Speaking of which, Sorry to do this, but I'll be pulling out of this project (and others). I'll be quitting WC3 in the near future, and probably these forums too. I've still got some screenshots of maps and one unfinished map so I'll upload that when I'm done. After that I'm gone.

Battle[StFh]

Reaction score
Damn, I'm so waiting for this, I really hope it's finished soon! Is there any release date planned?

Waaah! I can't wait!!!

R

Ranik

I hope so, I'd love to see this when it is done, and if you read (i think it is) Thanatos' guide on how to do stuff supposedly not doable in wc3, you might figure out that you can open the war2(or w/e) file and export the models, sounds, oil system and voices used............. If you do not understand me I'll get wc2 and do it myself then post it here, but I won't be able to do it next week.... VACATION ROXxXOR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.