Warcraft III Bound!!

WorpeX

Reaction score
I've been working for the past couple of days on a new project of mine. It currently doesn't have a name yet, I've been having problems thinking of a suitable name.

WC3 Bounds never really caught on yet, and my guess it because the game is a bit slower paced than starcraft is. So I've been working challenges to keep the game interesting, as well as cinematic's and special effects.

--Game Mechanics--

I've based this map on one of my favorite Starcraft bounds known as Racers. In that bound, the camera automatically moves for you and will take you through the entire level. Your job as a player, is to keep yourself ON the screan at all times, as well as dodging the many obsticals in your path.

I decided not to go all out SC bound, so most of the map is more WC3 bound based at the moment, although I plan on doing a nice SC "explosion dodge" section if I can.

--Help Needed!!--

I need a little bit of help from you guys, although its all idea based help...

-MAP NAME! - I can't think of anything! Im having a bit of trouble thinking of something fitting for the map! I'd use Racers, but Its not a very catchy name and it doesn't really describe the map very well.

-Challenges! - I dont have an endless supply of ideas in my head sadly, and im running low very quickly. I need challenges that the players will come across during the course of the game. A few examples that I have right now, are Exploding Barrells, Land Mind Field, and Meat Wagons that run players over.

I realize that its hard to think of ideas if you havn't ever seen the map, but I dont think im ready to release the game publically yet. So, if you'd like to see it contact me any time through aim: WorpeX.

NotTheHelper

Yeah, its under your bed.
Reaction score
Well how about dodging falling stars, or a pinball kind of thing and for a name

Warcraft III Dodgemania!

S

sh4d0ws

If your basing this on the (HIGHLY LOVED) star craft bound maps, i suggest the fallowing.

Mazes
Exploding creatures in random orders
The basic exploding traps
... Mobile exploding random creatures~!

WorpeX

Reaction score
haha, nice suggestions guys. I almost gave up on this topic. :O

I decided to make the name Hell Bound based on a few suggestions I was given. Nothing amazing, but it explains the map pretty well actually and it seems to attract players pretty nicely.

Also, I feel im ready to let you guys give the map a try. I will warn you, its not very polished yet. I wanted to get the map under way before I did all the simple things like loading screans and minimap art and all that jazz.

keep these things in mind while your playing
-Game ends right now after the firemaze
-STAY ON THE SCREEN!! or you die.

Anyway, maps attached, give it a try and let me know what you think. ^^

S

sh4d0ws

I'll be the first to comment,

To be honest, it looks a little drag... Like, i liked the old bound maps on starcraft because they were all square and straight. Yours has a unique look to it, and its likely that we won't find bound maps like we had on star craft on war3.

Just my personal opinion though.

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
Just tested it and have to agree with what sh4d0ws said. It's a drag but unique as I never saw a map like this for a while.

It's good though still but not enough action :)

WorpeX

Reaction score
Thats true, they were pretty straight and square in sc. But its tough to do that in WC3 because their was a cheat in sc in the editor that allowed you to place things with out having the walls around it, so you got a really clean look.

Can't really do that in wc3, it'll automatically give you walls even if you dont want them. I am hoping to add something more like a sc bound in for the next section though. ^^

WorpeX

Reaction score
I need some ideas please, I feel like im kinda stuck right now, no clue what I should do for anouther challenge.

Since the version I posted, I added in a SC Explosion dodge thing. I just need a few more ideas to increase the game length, I have an idea for the ending. Help please!

D

DuFFBeeR

Thats true, they were pretty straight and square in sc. But its tough to do that in WC3 because their was a cheat in sc in the editor that allowed you to place things with out having the walls around it, so you got a really clean look.

Can't really do that in wc3, it'll automatically give you walls even if you dont want them. I am hoping to add something more like a sc bound in for the next section though. ^^

thats not entierly true. if uve ever played OCDrummers Escape Gay Space.. you will see what i am talking about.

WorpeX

Reaction score
Sup duffbeer, didn't know you posted on here. and no, I never played escape gay space, show it to me sometime. ^^

D

DuFFBeeR

were you the one who i helped test that suicidal zergling map?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.