Warcraft III dying?

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Is Warcraft III dying? I see less activity on these forums now, aswell on Hive and Camps. Also huge, well known projects die, such as TKoK, WC3:WoW, etc... they all kinda vanish or disappear.

So is it just me or does Starcraft 2 and "time" slowly bury this game and it's communities?

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
nah... not all...

is a bit hard to continue a map without support of some community, like feedbacks, suggestion, etc.

starcraft 2 fail in some aspects and not everyone like it...

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Well, there are a lot less players.
And a lot more hostbots.

Kinda weird actually since I stopped playing wc3 for about a year and now I'm back there are practically no human hosts around.

Not a bad thing on all levels. Public footies are on a very high level compared to a few years ago.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
That game is obsolete. Theres a lot more crap to do in SC2. ;)

True, SC2 has a lot more players, so just hanging out in chat channels to meet new people is lots of fun. :thup:

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
WCIII is dying, and because DOTA is turning into a platform game, with DOTA2, and its other game there... battle.net is losing many players. I personally don't play dota, I play custom hero arena, and our community has actually been growing these past couple of months.

I think bots have just limited the number of games hosted, so no one starts new games. We have maybe 30 games hosted by various bots. If you like TD's, you have 3 choices. Eventually you get bored of them and quit WC3, or find a new map to play. Before the bot, there was a much wider variety of games hosted, but most people were bad at whatever games they joined.

The price we pay for refinement.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Does anyone else here find Clone Wars/Colonial Line Wars addicting? (SEA)

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to ladder because of them. ;)

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
There's still plenty of games around if you know where to look, various clans etc. And the ladder has been screwy for a long time now anyway. And the game is 7 years old.

Despite all that there's still players online, and still people play DoTA or ladder or TD's. Don't think it's dying yet, blizzard just made an alternative and everyone decided to jump on the bandwagon and play SC2. When Cataclysm comes out be prepared for a drop in SC2 pop as well, just another game ^^

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
There's still plenty of games around if you know where to look, various clans etc. And the ladder has been screwy for a long time now anyway. And the game is 7 years old.

Despite all that there's still players online, and still people play DoTA or ladder or TD's. Don't think it's dying yet, blizzard just made an alternative and everyone decided to jump on the bandwagon and play SC2. When Cataclysm comes out be prepared for a drop in SC2 pop as well, just another game ^^

You forgot Footies, like bots and human hosts both host it.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
sadly i think it is dying..

slowly but indefinately. People are finding games with 'better-graphics' etc, and with new dota games like HoN and LoL all the players are leaving. Especially because of the release of SC2.

I'v noticed numbers drop quite alot, and unfortunatly due to this find myself having trouble finding game etc and loosing interest and going to another game (pls dont call me a traitor lol).

[LoL ftw]

Sharp

Reaction score
Of course not. It's not dying. But about to die. Hehe. :D

I said the exactly same thing on some other post, and people didn't agree with me. But thats nice to see that i'm not the only that saw that.

AND OFC ITS DYING AND I HOPE IT WILL! It's part of the game evolution.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
I said the exactly same thing on some other post, and people didn't agree with me. But thats nice to see that i'm not the only that saw that.

AND OFC ITS DYING AND I HOPE IT WILL! It's part of the game evolution.

NONONO I DONT HOPE IT WILL D: :nuts:

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
The only reason I hope for it to die, is so that WC4 comes along.

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
Warcraft 3 died becasue of hacking. Plain and simple.

The War 3 kernal has security flaws and piss poor code design that uses static memory allocation and no encryption whatsoever making maphack amongst other hacks unstoppable.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.