Gaming "Warcraft" Movie Gets A Director

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Duncan Jones is making the jump to big-budget tentpole movies, signing on to direct Warcraft, Legendary Pictures’ live-action adaptation of Blizzard Entertainment’s video game universe.

Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni are producing for Legendary along with Blizzard and Atlas Entertainment’s Charles Roven and Alex Gartner.

Taking an almost kitchen-sink approach to fantasy, Warcraft, which has grown to be one of the most popular multiplayer online role-playing games out there, is part fantasy, part science fiction and — depending on the game you’re playing — includes elements such as dragons and orcs, zombies and werewolves, and aliens and spaceships.

Legendary is keeping its script, written by Charles Leavitt, under wraps. The Warner Bros.-based production and finance outfit is eyeing a fall 2013 start and a 2015 release.

--- --- ---

Well, let's see where this goes. As someone said, sci-fi and fantasy can be quite different but hopefully this guy will do it right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Isn't that the guy that directed Moon? I really liked that movie, it was exceptionally well done for it's budget and I really like the people who were involved now.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Isn't that the guy that directed Moon? I really liked that movie, it was exceptionally well done for it's budget and I really like the people who were involved now.

Yessir, Moon and Source Code. Both excellent movies. But more on the sci-fi side than fantasy.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
I've been waiting all my life for this. I'll be watching the first 5 showings available. O.O

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
So, how are they going to make a "movie out of Warcraft?" LOLLOL

Dan

Reaction score
So, how are they going to make a "movie out of Warcraft?" LOLLOL
YOU WILL NOT TROLL THIS THREAD YOU FOOL! NO ONE SPEAKS BADLY AGAINST MY WOW MOVIE! DO NOT CHALLENGE MY MOVIE!

Dan

Reaction score
Dont gonna watch if it includes the wow universe.
I liked my old wc3 draenai much more then the new bc bulls**t.
btw it probably won't have drenai. it is going to be a very early on wow, probably related to thrall getting the horde together. The drenai aren't really part of the wow universe as much as other things. I don't think Arthas is even going to raise to power in this movie. I'm envisioning warcraft 2 status.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
btw it probably won't have drenai. it is going to be a very early on wow, probably related to thrall getting the horde together. The drenai aren't really part of the wow universe as much as other things. I don't think Arthas is even going to raise to power in this movie. I'm envisioning warcraft 2 status.
Looks like a spark of hope.
The WC3 storyline was pretty good in my opinion. The campaign was very well done.
But WoW pretty much ruined it in my opinion. They placed "balance" above "plot".
Undead being allied with the horde for no reason. Thrall fighting against the humans and nightelves he once joined forces with to save the world.
The nightelves being such good friends with humans, dwarfs and gnomes all of the sudden.
This is just a complete break from the WC3 plot.

Dan

Reaction score
Looks like a spark of hope.
The WC3 storyline was pretty good in my opinion. The campaign was very well done.
But WoW pretty much ruined it in my opinion. They placed "balance" above "plot".
Undead being allied with the horde for no reason. Thrall fighting against the humans and nightelves he once joined forces with to save the world.
The nightelves being such good friends with humans, dwarfs and gnomes all of the sudden.
This is just a complete break from the WC3 plot.

Well, I don't think that anything WoW did was THAT different from the warcraft 3 plot... but I do agree with you for the most part. That's why I am so worried about how warcraft 4 will be. I cannot wait for it!!! but... I just don't know how they will pull off the future of the warcraft universe now that it is a living universe through WoW...

FireCat

Reaction score
That's why I am so worried about how warcraft 4 will be.
I tell you, be more worried about the movie! Hmm storyline... Goblin hunting humans something like that???? Well, it could be the "worst movie ever in the end".

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Well, I don't think that anything WoW did was THAT different from the warcraft 3 plot... but I do agree with you for the most part. That's why I am so worried about how warcraft 4 will be. I cannot wait for it!!! but... I just don't know how they will pull off the future of the warcraft universe now that it is a living universe through WoW...
They're actually making a Warcraft 4?

Dan

Reaction score
I dont think so. All i heard about it was blizzard saying they do not plan on doing it.

It will happen in my lifetime and that's all that matters.

@Firecat... Your theoretical critiques of future movies are the last thing in the world I care about.

FireCat

Reaction score
I'll Just leave this here !

That would be "Such a great movie" No?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.