Warrior Spellpack

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
I need ideas for a warrior type hero (Not from WoW) like, a dash or something. It also has to use what i call Combo Points.
Learn Combo Points - [Z] [Level %d]
Everytime he attacks, the warrior gains one combo point, adding 5% attack speed per combo point, and giving him the ability to deal more damage with his other spells.

Level 1 - Max of 3 Combo Points.
Level 2 - Max of 5 Combo Points.
Level 3 - Max of 7 Combo Points.
Level 4 - Max of 9 Combo Points.

Basically, spells deal more damage per combo points that he has, and I have one other spell, called Wound, which just does damage over time.

B0ndo

Reaction score
If you've played DotA, then you could make a spell similar to the huskarrs Life Break but renaming to to Sprint or Charge.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
I thought of one. When the warrior is attacked, and the attack brings him below 10% health, he will jump behind the target and perform an execution, dealing 10% of the targets max hp in damage, if the target has less health than him, he will kill it.

EspadaDelRey

Reaction score
Is this going to be based on those Icons from earlier?

Ideas:
Critical Strike abilities. Combo Points increase the chance and/or damage.
Corruption Orb. Combo Points increase the armor reduction.
Splash Attack Orb(Fire Orb). Combo Points increase the splash damage radius.*
Toss Enemy Unit. Combo points increase how far the unit is thrown, maybe if the toss is elongated like in a circular grab then combo points could increase the duration of the rotation of the beginning of the toss.
Kick(or whack with weapon) Enemy Unit. Combo points determine the unit's velocity as it is kicked away. More combo points means a farther kick while the kick lasts a constant period of time(depending on height)..

*That splash attack idea is perhaps akin to Axe from DotA doing spin attack, or Xena/Hercules fighting a bunch of warriors at once.

A warrior's model/theme should have a large effect on what types of spells it would have.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
oh my gosh. Best idea ever. Toss Enemy Unit. Combo points increase how far the unit is thrown, maybe if the toss is elongated like in a circular grab then combo points could increase the duration of the rotation of the beginning of the toss.

I could make him do one rotation around the caster, then the caster throws him in the direction that he first started spinning from!

johnnymra

Reaction score
Hopefully it helps:

Scream of Bloodlust - AoE - almost Ultimate in my opinion
The warrior shouts with extreme vigor. (some special animation)
The AoE of the spell is increased by combo points. (100 + 100 per combo point)
The shouts penetrates the years of the enemies hurting them. (some simple damage, 25-75)
Also it ruins their inner ear making them walk randomly without control. (the affected units can attack but move randomly around the place where they were affected, this means the controller player of the units cannot move them until the buff goes of) - lasts 3-6 seconds
Last effect - based on combo points -
1-2 points > stun 0.5 seconds
3-5 points > slow 30% for 2 seconds
6-7 points > stun 2 seconds
8-9 points > 50 damage, 1 second stun

keychup

Reaction score
I made a hero once with a Devotion Meter that worked much like your Combo Points. It was more defensive in nature though.

I found that +1 Devotion per attack would reach the cap too quickly. Maybe you could slow down the generation of Combo Points a bit. And I think there should be a way to consume the Combo Points, agree?

Key: DEX is Attack Speed, SPD is Move Speed, DEF is Armor

Superior (based on Storm Hammers): +1 Combo Point for every consecutive attack to the same unit. Increases your DEX by 5% per Combo Point. Maximum X Combo Points.
(In the original Superior, you got +1 Devotion for every X damage received and you receive a +3% magic resistance per Devotion. Devotion was capped at 10 at all levels.)

Royal Joust (based on Channel, Target Point): Thrusts through units in a line, dealing X+(Y*Combo Points) damage and stunning for 1 second. Decreases Combo Points by 1 for every unit hit.

Royal Guard (based on Defend): Passively increases your DEF by X. Further increases your DEF by X+(Y*Combo Points) when activated, but reduces SPD by 50% and DEX by 25%. Decreases Combo Points by 1 for every Z damage received.

Final Purification (based on Channel, Instant): Channels for X+(Y*Combo Points) seconds and gathers damage received. Releases gathered damage to surrounding foes within a 900 Area dealing Z times the damage gathered. Can release gathered damage earlier by cancelling before the end of the duration. Automatically releases gathered damage when HP falls to 10% or below. Decreases Combo Points by 1 for every available Y second bonuses used.

keychup

Reaction score
I thought of one. When the warrior is attacked, and the attack brings him below 10% health, he will jump behind the target and perform an execution, dealing 10% of the targets max hp in damage, if the target has less health than him, he will kill it.

Lawl, That would simply make your caster semi-invincible (Assuming that the Event was "A Unit is Attacked" and Conditions were "Percentage life of Attacked Unit is Less than or Equal to 10.00"). If it was then your hero would simply keep dealing 10% of the target's max HP as damage while dodging every attack against him.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Which is true, which is why I also added, this ability cuts his remaining health in half.
See, but should I add like a cooldown? Or should I kill him after? Or what?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Your description clearly states "brings him below 10% health". Which means that it shouldn't fire if his health was below 10% anyways. Or maybe you could make it a % chance to perform this execution, not every time it happens.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Thats true, like, if his ally channeled health to him, then every attack would trigger it though.

keychup

Reaction score
Why don't you implement your Combo Points and make the ability consume 3 Combo Points everytime the effect is triggered.

EDIT: Sure it could mean that the ability is useless if you didn't level your Combo Points first, but what if you add a passive effect like "increase armor by X"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.