WASD movement and projectiles

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a high level description of how these two things work? How do you achieve the movement for multiple players, and how exactly do projectiles, which explode upon impact with a unit or doodad/cliff work? I've seen countless videos of these things, and I have some cool map ideas that would have to incorporate them. No full triggers are required, only a high level description. Thanks!

wingdnosring

Reaction score
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=150390

That's a thread of mine. I have an uploaded map there, which I've been updating regularly. If you need to you can pop into the editor and check out the triggers I've used.

Basically you want a trigger for each button that gets pushed down, and another trigger for each button when it's released. When the buttons are pushed down, you set a boolean to true. When it is released again, the second trigger sets the boolean to false.

Then you make another trigger which runs at a low interval, (mine's 0.03 seconds) that moves your unit dependent on what booleans are set to true.

As for shooting...well, that's a whole different story. It's fairly complex, especially for multiple players, and you'll get about a dozen different answers on how to do it. You could use the data editor for 1 simple weapon, for instance, but on my map, I have the ability to code in 50 different weapons in little to no time thanks to a triggered approach.

It all depends on what you need and what method you're most familiar with.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.