Watchmen

Krys A Night

Writer
Reaction score
I read the novel before I went to go and see the movie, and I extremely enjoyed both.

The changes that were made in the movie annoyed me at first before I sat and thought about it, they were changes that needed to be made in order for the movie to succeed.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Now that my bro has seen it and got freaked out. Im soo going to watch it. :D
Seb your avatar looks familiar....I think i saw it in the watchmen novel.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
OMG SEB'S AVATAR IS MR MANHATTAN! (right?) wow i just realized!
still a very good movie tho, and the sfx were amazing whoever said that they sucked fails at everything.

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
Saw it just a little while ago. It was awesome. I don't think i have anything bad to say about it.

Graphics were amazing. I watched a documentary thingo on how they made Dr Manhattan, and i was skeptical as to whether it would turn out as they planned on the big screen, but it was perfect in my opinion.

I agreed with all of their cut choices

I'd have to agree there as well. I'm not really sure of all of the cuts they made, but i am aware of a few. And i think if different cuts were made, it wouldn't have been as good.

As for people saying it was too long, i could have sat there for like 6 hours and still enjoyed it all. However, with the time they set, it was enough to give you the main plot without loosing details of character development and relationships and such.

All in all, it was a visually stunning and strong movie. One of the best I've seen in a while.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
OMG SEB'S AVATAR IS MR MANHATTAN! (right?) wow i just realized!
still a very good movie tho, and the sfx were amazing whoever said that they sucked fails at everything.

I think so...I don't forget something like a blue dong being shown most of the movie.. And he's blue so i guess that's a correct guess.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
It started well, but I didnt like what they did to the end.

Roshach was supposed to be the only guy to oppose Veidts utopia in the end. I hated too se how Dreiberg tries to fight Veidt. He could have been more impotent IMO.

Also using Dr. Manhattan to replace that space monster thingy was probably a good idea, but it just didnt feel so cool.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
I just sawed it. Some parts in the movies was just pure beautiful awesomes madness. Other parts was, well, not as good.

8/10 for me :)

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm not feeling all this hating on the ending :p. It was one of my favorite endings ever. This is what made Watchmen so good. A perfect ending to a satiric perversion of the classic super-hero story.

And, Viikuna, I was wondering what you meant by this:

"Also using Dr. Manhattan to replace that space monster thingy was probably a good idea, but it just didnt feel so cool."

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Theres a cool space monster thingy in that watchmen comic that wasnt in the movie. You know if you have read it.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Theres a cool space monster thingy in that watchmen comic that wasnt in the movie. You know if you have read it.

Oh, I read it. I practically memorized it.. it's one of my favorite books. Can you please specify? I didn't think Dr. Manhattan replaced any role in the movie. Are you talking about Ozymandias's desire to frame the destruction of New York as Dr. Manhattan's work rather than an alien invasion?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.