Water level

Archideas

Reaction score
So, I was working on my map, minding my own business when I figured I'd make a road in the map a little wet. I grabbed the Lower tool and started to sink the ground down. It went down, down, down and the flames got higher, but no water in sight.

I started this map out with Deep Water and using the Raise tool to create islands etc. Since no water appeared, I decided to test the Lower tool at the shroe banks. And well... here's the result. What the freaking he double hockey-sticks?

What the eff?

How do I fix this?

*EDIT*

I just noticed that no water will show up in the areas that was created after the map was created. Meaning I used the Modify Map Bounds to make the map bigger. Am I completely screwed now or any solution to it?

Rushhour

Reaction score
Did you check "Fix water height" in the advanced tab ? At least you can use this "trick" --> uncheck it, set things underwater and fill it up again with Same-Level tool. ^^

Archideas

Reaction score
Did you mean I should try and uncheck Enforce Water Height Limits and then go to Adjust Cliff Levels, set everything underwater and then redo the process vice versa?

If so, I still got the same problem. =/

Rushhour

Reaction score
Well yes, but you mustn't redo your actions (Not Control-Z) but "fill" the water up with increase terrain or same-terrain-level. If it's unchecked then this works for me ?!

Archideas

Reaction score
Ugh... can you explain in detailed steps what I should do? I feel like I'm running in circles here. :p

X.Terror.X

Reaction score
just make some shallow water and add ramps to the sides so u dotn see the cliffs handing over now ugot water whereu can walk in it without having cliffs around it then next u can put the water lower with raise and lower
if u go higher then the water level water will not show try experience with it
;)

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Make a new map, set the cliff level to deep water, and use the RAISE tool (do not change the cliff level) to bring your terrain above the water. This should be common practice in every map you create.

Virus

Reaction score
Don't use the raise tool unless you want to create islands.

> When you start a new map you need to set the cliff level to at least 3.
> Make sure that Advanced -> Enforce Water Height Limit is unchecked.
> Now set your Apply cliff to "Deep Water".
> Draw a river.
> Set the cliff to "Increase Two".
> Neutralize the river.
> And now use the Apply Height - Lower and presto. Your river will show up nicely.

Archideas

Reaction score
Yeah, when I created the map I set the level to Deep Water and then used the Raise Tool to make islands. But I'd prefer to not make a new map since I've worked a bit on this map already and it'd suck ass to have to do it all over again. =/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.