Spellpack Waterbourne!

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well well well, what do we have here?

Interesting spells. :)

A general comment (A very important one too): Channeling does not mean pause. Why do you keep pausing units? Both the caster and targets get paused. Want an advice? stay far from pausing. It's bad for your [del]spells[/del] health, unless the spell is called "Time Stop".

Spell by spell comments.

Massive Wave:

• The enemies get paused? Why? The tooltip doesn't even say so... Stun them or something, slow them, but do not pause them. Same for the caster.
  • It spawns "waves" as the name and tooltip call but what is spawned looks more like "explosions" actually. I would not call it a wave. If you want to reproduce a wave, I would suggest sending out actual waves in random directions, not spawning small explosions on enemy units in range.

The spell should create waves really, as the name implies.

Waveskin:
  • Original, yet what happens if the hero is not in the water? He still manages to hide? Even if in a desert? The spell says "hides in water" therefore you should check if the hero really is standing on water.
  • "Hide" spells are suboptimal in that one cannot get rid of the effect. The spell should first of all not pause the target, and not hide it either. The hero should become invisible, simply. The healing should also be over-time, not happen all of a sudden when the duration expires.

I suggest this spell being changed.

Sea Movement:

The spell says the caster becomes invisible and when he reaches the targeted point, it deals damage when he becomes visible. That's not what really happens actually. Seems more like the caster teleports to the targeted point, shoots some ball behind him that damages people, and he deals damage when "spawning".

Otherwise, this spell is very neat.;)

Tsunami:

• 30 seconds "channel" which is actually a pause? This is wrong by any means. Both the long channel and the pausing effect need to be taken care of.
  • Do not pause the targets.
  • The "unleashing" at the end of the channeling is actually just a faster "explosion spawning" than when channeling.
  • Why should the hero be teleported all over the area when it reaches the end of the channeling? :p It looks really weird and is pointless at best.
  • The hero being invulnerable while channeling is a big no-no. Especially for 30 seconds!
  • The name hardly fits the spell :D

I suggest a major overhaul done to this spell.

-------------------------------------------

Nice work and I strongly suggest you address those issues.

Keep it up!!! ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.