Waygate with tree model -> white texture

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm trying to create a tree which has the waygate ability. So the obvious thing to do was to change the Waygate model on the Waygate unit to a tree. Im not using the <base> tree model since it wont show anything then. So I', using variation 1. It works to the degree that the unit shows a tree. But the tree has no texture and is all white. Can this be fixed?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
No.
The trees use special models which share their textures. As such you cannot use them for anything but destructibles, since you can only set a specific texture for those.

if you really want to use some kind of a tree either pick a nightelven building or search on the internet for a custom tree model.

Solu9

Reaction score
Alright. Then I won't keep on trying :) Thanks

TheOverWhelm

Reaction score
What an easy bypass could be is making an actual tree doodad, place it on a waygate, then have the waygate have no pathing texture and 100% transperancy.

Solu9

Reaction score
What an easy bypass could be is making an actual tree doodad, place it on a waygate, then have the waygate have no pathing texture and 100% transperancy.

That was an interesting approach. What I did was downloading a tree model and used that as the Waygate model. But with your suggestion I could "hide" the Waygate trees among normal trees. Very nice.

educator

Reaction score
the barrens indestructable tree has its own model and texture, can be used for a unit, but it may not suit ur map (btw if its meant to be secret, trigger the move, coz pathfinding includes waygates)

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
you could download a custom model of a tree, one that is similar to the trees used in your map, im sure someone has created one

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.