WCO Map Making Competition!!

WorpeX

Reaction score

www.WCOlympics.com

Warcraft Olympics will be holding a Map Making Competition for a chance to feature your map in the upcoming WCO Season 2!

The rules for the competitions are as follows:

Map Type: Solo (1v1) maps only. The map may feature multiple starting positions. The map must also be a melee map, if the map has anything custom, it will be disqualified.
Tileset: No tileset restrictions.
Size: No size restrictions.
Max Entries: You may submit as many maps as you like!
Other: Submitted map cannot be used in any other WC3 Competition. The map must be new to the league scene, however the map itself does not need to be new. Submitted maps do not need to be created during the set time limit.

All entries must be submitted to: [email protected] before Jan 17th at 23:59 CET (5:59 EST).

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
Map Type: Solo (1v1) maps only. The map may feature multiple starting positions. The map must also be a melee map, if the map has anything custom, it will be disqualified.

:/

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
It's a good idea, but not the map type selection. Not a lot of people make melee maps anymore, maybe do something a little broader, or an altered melee gametype, and you'd get a decent ammount of people into this competition.

WorpeX

Reaction score
I really dont think you guys understand... this isn't a competition for just this site. >.> I know most of you guys don't really play the real WC3 game, but a lot of people still do.

Altered melee isn't possible due to the winning map being used in a real WC3 league. They don't play on custom maps, only the real deal. The winning map will be used by amateur and semi-pro wc3 players. Maybe even a few pros if the map is good enough.

I only posted this here because I knew that this site had great terrainers and great map makers in general. I really respect the people on this site for their skill, and I really thought that some of you would enter. Sadly, it appears that everyone here has lost touch with the WC3 community...

I have already had a bunch of submissions, so if some of you still plan on entering, I wish you good luck!

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Sadly, it appears that everyone here has lost touch with the WC3 community...

5 People before me posted a reply to your OP. 5 people = TH's very large community?

And The whole WC3 community now only plays Melee?

You generalize too much.

And melee turned me off too.

WorpeX

Reaction score
5 People before me posted a reply to your OP. 5 people = TH's very large community?

And The whole WC3 community now only plays Melee?

You generalize too much.

And melee turned me off too.

Including you and rappunk, make that 7. I'm pretty sure rappunk's entry was just a joke.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
People still like playing melee, myself included, it's just that making melee maps is boring.

WorpeX

Reaction score
I feel offended.
You changed my mind and now you think my entry is probobly a joke.
Maybe it was a bad idea putting effort in..
Clearly you dont know me...
But maybe I should take it out. :(

Wait, that map wasn't a joke? So you seriously don't know that you need a gold mine to play a melee game? You also need an opponent, your map is only made for 1 player.

Hard to think of a map being anything other than a joke if its not even playable.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
Wait, that map wasn't a joke? So you seriously don't know that you need a gold mine to play a melee game? You also need an opponent, your map is only made for 1 player.

Hard to think of a map being anything other than a joke if its not even playable.

I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe.

WorpeX

Reaction score
That was not the map you submit to me, this was:

But, because im a nice guy, I will use the map you posted here instead for the contest.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I could actually join this contest, but sadly I don't have WC installed anymore >>

This should be interesting though :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.