whaaat is a good popular kind of map

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
what kind of map is most popular online?

I have one thing to say to that. Original maps.

Seriously. You can't say AoS's are popular just because DotA is popular and you cant say TDs are popular because Legion TD is popular. They're only popular because they're original (mainly legion td which is completely different from other TDs) or the maker(s) actually put a lot of time in his(their) map (dota).

But if you really want to know what my favorite kind of map is, it's minigame, because its almost always original since there are no "preset ideas". By that I mean like AoS maps must have recipes and items must be a key to winning since it works with dota. Thats false because (ill take EotA as an example) EotA doesnt have recipes at all (you level-up items instead) and items arent that important (upgrading your creep waves or capturing obelisks is more important) yet its still fun.

according to this site http://www.mapgnome.org/browse/sort-hosted/east30d/1

which records all games played on battlenet, with almost 100% accuracy .

the 3 most popular maps are

1 Dota ( of-course)
2 Legion TD War
3 Footmen Frenzy 5.4

These 3 maps are hosted double/triple the amount of times more compared to the next closest competitor .

this is true for all realmns except kalimdor

I dont think that's accurate since it's recent results, not "of all time". Yes, those maps have been hosted a lot but think about it. Dota is the most popular map because there are dozens of host bots hosting it 24/7.
Legion TD is a very recent map and might fade out eventually, and footmen frenzy is hosted a lot but really it doesnt fill fast XD (talking from experience...).

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Make a map with an obstacle course. Spinning wheels of death that you have to avoid and the like.

GaryOak

Reaction score
Laiev and garyoak,if you want, and you find it interesting we can make a new thread and discuss all this.

I think I will abstain, I already threw in my two cents and feel I wouldnt have much more to contribute :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.