whaaat is a good popular kind of map

Rushhour

Reaction score
noone mentioned TD :O There are hundreds of thousands of TDs out there, if you host and want the map to be full within seconds simply write "TD" behind its name :D

There are some that are really good, but most of them are bad made without anything original.. but still popular (GreenTD)

INCINERATE

Reaction score
you do realise that this is totally inaccurate - its more of a competition of who can flood the game list with as many bots as possible

give me a dozen cd-keys and a better connection, and I'll make Invasion of the Giant Penis Men the most popular map on battle.net of all time

this isnt from bot hosted games alone, if you host your map just once without a bot this still counts how many times its been played.

i mean like it or not, when the top 3 have way more hostings than the others, its pretty safe to say they are the top 3. you can host giant penis men with as much bots , i garantee it will wont get hosted as much .

nothing will ever de-throne dota, its too well established.

legion td is the best of all the td's

and footmen 5.4 is the most popular footmen map, you host that anywhere and it fills within seconds, i know cause i made a footmen map also, and it takes a while to fill cause the public dont like "new stuff".

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
About the "new stuff", did you see how fast Angel Arena Allstars got popular?
It was, like, in 24 hours.

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
this isnt from bot hosted games alone, if you host your map just once without a bot this still counts how many times its been played.

yeah, but bots will generally change the game name of what they are hosting like every 3 minutes - which counts as a new game by mapgnome.org - therefore bots make up the overwhelming majority of those hosted game counts

INCINERATE

Reaction score
About the "new stuff", did you see how fast Angel Arena Allstars got popular?
It was, like, in 24 hours.

whats that?

yeah, but bots will generally change the game name of what they are hosting like every 3 minutes - which counts as a new game by mapgnome.org - therefore bots make up the overwhelming majority of those hosted game counts

yea true, i forgot about that, my host bot remakes the gn very often. but i still say they arent the most popular cause of hostbots, they were popular before the host bot craze even started, "which is like 1 yr old .

and what i meant by the public dont like new stuff, i meant like. Say you make a new Aos map . instead of ppl telling you about how your map is , all they going to say is stuff like, bad dota rip off, not as good etc. , same with any catagory of map competing against well known ones.

the competition is hard :p , very hard

theres no denying bots can help a map get popular, but for e.g no matter how much age of myths is hosted ( which i find much cooler than dota) the poor map will never be as popular as dota.

in the time of no bots, footmen 5.4 always ruled the footy list and still does

legion td is debatable :p

Narks

Reaction score
the only reason they are "popular" is because there is nothing else hosted

G00dG4m3

Reaction score
Popular maps are maps, who has 3 things:
1) It's not boring
2) It's not bugged
3) It has lots of PvP's fights.

Thats why DotA is very popular.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
1) It's not boring
2) It's not bugged

1) dota is begging to be boring..
2) dota is FUC*ING lot bugged..
3) dota all people run to don't die.. but in this condition you're right... nothing better to do

=.= dota is just popular because steal heroes from others maps <thx Eul's and Guinsoo for it>

anyway

Narks

Reaction score
1) It's not boring
2) It's not bugged

DotA is popular because it has such a large userbase - people know there will be competition, that DotA will always be hosted, and that there are plenty of "noobs 2 pwn".

reyghost

Reaction score
1) dota is begging to be boring..
2) dota is FUC*ING lot bugged..
3) dota all people run to don't die.. but in this condition you're right... nothing better to do

=.= dota is just popular because steal heroes from others maps <thx Eul's and Guinsoo for it>

anyway

Dota Bugged? Oo,do you really know the meaning of bugged?,I dont really care about opnions on dota ,but saying dota is very bugged is simply senseless,go get a stable version,im pretty sure you are unable to find one single bug.Dota has tonloads of defects but I dont really think that bad coding is one of them.
This person, icefrog really lives for dota,and in that sense ,in my oponion he does a great job.

bLu3_eYeS

Reaction score
Dota Bugged? Oo,do you really know the meaning of bugged?,I dont really care about opnions on dota ,but saying dota is very bugged is simply senseless,go get a stable version,im pretty sure you are unable to find one single bug.Dota has tonloads of defects but I dont really think that bad coding is one of them.
This person, icefrog really lives for dota,and in that sense ,in my oponion he does a great job.

125% right...dota bugged !?...i don't know if you're thinking what you're saying:nuts:

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score

you're right, IceFrog is a great editor.. but he's too lazy and if you stop and think.... what update dota get for the last time?.. a bit.... 2 heroes +/- imba (1 100% imba LOL)... Is what some people <which i don't remember the name.... > say, he use old system, old things and icefrog don't want to update it... So when he install a new thing, like a system of rune regeneration, other old system bug, because is too old to support a good answer.. a good example is lanaya with dagon lol just a little funny... But dota probably has a 'generic time expiration' xD

125% right...dota bugged !?...i don't know if you're thinking what you're saying:nuts:

Yes, i'm lol.... not LOT bugged.... but if you want, you can search and get bugs.. is a pretty easy to see incompatible spells, other example <which i don't know if is fixed...> Meat Hook of Pudge (probably 99% of guys in TheHelper know what is) with Time Walker of Void (a spell which the hero become black and LEAP... to target location, when he reach the location, slow all units in aoe based on owner location), so you LEAP and be hooked.. the Void jump to other side with no sense of hook or time walker spell... Just search in utube and you see bugs and bugs xD

But well, Icefrog know what he do, and when he want, he make goods things.

GaryOak

Reaction score
actually, DotA does have some bugs, but it's not like it is a huge problem, most people don't even know they exist. There are desynching problems with the map on very rare occasions, and I have seen some instances where the map will just outright crash peoples computers, and they need to reinstall WC3 or their OS for it to work properly again.

So saying that it has no bugs is incorrect, but it's hard to avoid. Especially with a map that has as much going on in it as DotA does. Anyways, I feel we have been going off topic with this.. What are some more popular custom game types we can suggest?

reyghost

Reaction score
Anyways, I feel we have been going off topic with this..

True. Sorry eightbraker for the huge off-topic.

On topic I would say,although they already said it somewhere:

AoS(Eg:Dota,Hosk,Aom)
Loap(I dont really like them but its true that they are quite popular)
ORPG (Eg:TBR)
Battleships/Battletanks
TD
Im sure im forgettin something.

Laiev and garyoak,if you want, and you find it interesting we can make a new thread and discuss all this.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
i really LOVE AoS and people too, because is easy to understand what you need to do, also is a simple game which you can level up your hero and play fun for like, 0:30-2:00 hours of game with full enjoy :D

TD <some of> the most popular type of maps, maybe because are a bit easy then normal and is a fast game, just for 'kill time' if you understand me :p

footman i really don't like, but of course is popular and people love the things which you can do with this

mini games (like pudge wars, warlock, slide, etc...) it's sooooooooo SWEET '-' i really like this to take some time with fun play, maybe this type of map is popular because is objective and in most of cases have much less bugs then others maps

OT: don't need reyghost, if you can see, i'm not too good in english, but is cool find people which like things which i like (WE), and know how some maps works, but if you want :p np for me, probably will be a good experience

Vacko

Reaction score
Games that you can play with many others and chat with xD
So, I kinda like eras zombie invasion, and zombie games like undead assault as someone has already mention, but all those mini games are very funny too, love those xD I liked elemental td because of those random towers, but it get bored after a long time, but yeah.
So I think mini games are the best maps. Fun and doesn't take so long time xD bad ppl doesn't host those game much ._.
Well everyone has their own taste in game ^^,

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Go FiSH > All.

Unique, different, and fun for clannies and members to enjoy as a break from usual games.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.