What do these natives do?

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Perusing the APIs on the wiki, I came across these:

JASS:
native IssueInstantPointOrder       takes unit whichUnit, string order, real x, real y, widget instantTargetWidget returns boolean
native IssueInstantPointOrderById   takes unit whichUnit, integer order, real x, real y, widget instantTargetWidget returns boolean
native IssueInstantTargetOrder      takes unit whichUnit, string order, widget targetWidget, widget instantTargetWidget returns boolean
native IssueInstantTargetOrderById  takes unit whichUnit, integer order, widget targetWidget, widget instantTargetWidget returns boolean

There's little-to-no info about them findable with Google.

Does anyone know anything about them?

Lightstalker

Reaction score
The issue an instant order to a unit. The first two, an instant order targeting a point (e.g. move). The last two, a target (e.g. attack).

Weep

Reaction score
What makes them different from their non-instant counterparts (IssuePointOrder, IssuePointOrderById, IssueTargetOrder, IssueTargetOrderById), and what is the extra widget argument for?

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ok, might be a useless post, but...
This differs from the other "IssueOrder" natives, because it seems to also take a widget, but for what I don't know :S

native IssueInstantPointOrder takes unit whichUnit, string order, real x, real y, widget instantTargetWidget returns boolean

jwallstone

Reaction score
These natives have terribly confusing names, but I've heard that they are for manipulating items. I.e. Give this item (one widget argument) to this unit (another widget argument) or drop it at this point. I don't know which argument is the item and which is the target unit though.

I'm not sure why they are different from the UnitDropItemPoint and UnitDropItemTarget though.

Edit: A quick search reveals more info:
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=130914

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Yep, they are used to order units to do something with items. At least that IssueInstantTargetOrder is used to order unit to give item to some other unit.

Reaction score
I think these functions also have something to do with training units like in Barracks, etc. Not sure though.

Weep

Reaction score
Confusing. I suppose I shall ignore them, then. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.