What makes a map not load?

Reaction score
mkay, I have been making my map for awhile but all of the sudden it decides to stop loading on me. I am using JNGP. YES I do save before I test it. YES Jass Helper doesn't report any errors. So I was wondering, what else can cause a map to not load?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What do you mean it doesn't load?
The Wc3 main screen comes up when you test it?

Save it again if that happens.

Reaction score
Yes thats what happens and I save it before I load it. I'll do it again. Saved it twice before I opened it, and still goes to main menu screen.

DBZ-123

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
This happens to me when i have an error in my jass code. Jass Helper has some bugs i saved my map with perfect codes and got problems.

Check your triggers

Reaction score
ummm... yeahh... i have a LOT of triggers... lol idk which ones to check. what kind of bugs have u caught that jass helper doesnt?

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Select a folder of triggers, delete it, save map, test map. If it works, now you know which folder to look in. If it still does not work, we can assume that this was not the folder that caused this kind of behaviour, hence you ctrl+z (restore the folder with all triggers, "undo"). And do same over again, on the next folder of triggers.

In the trigger editor a folder is named "Category". :)

Edit: of course if you do have 100 folders... Delete half of them, 50. So then you know if it was in the first 50 folders or in the last 50 folders (if you are unlucky, there is 1 trigger in the first 50 folders and 1 in the last 50 that causes the same error, tough day at work I say). So... always delete half of the remaining unchecked folders, if you did not understand, oh... :p

But of course, might be some kind of imported file or some kind of strange... whatever, that also causes this "error".

Reaction score
mmm sounds like a good idea to me ~ thanks, hopefully it works~

Yay, found the trigger that is causing it to not work! Thanks =] +rep

Fixed: Thanks. For future reference, WC3 wont load (probably something to do with JassHelper not compiling correctly) when you have a private variable named the same as another variable ( for example. global private unit u and function f takes unit u returns nothing will cause it to not load but will supposedly compile correctly)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.