What makes you having fun playing a Hero Arena?What you would like to have in a H.A.?

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
In Hero arenas I like the synergy of heroes and spells, but I want a balanced game though. Hero arenas should help a little more the noobs like every round every hero get's the same gold and the onnes that have more deaths or less kills than others get more money, same exp for everyone. Also it would be interesting that every some rounds, because i like this round-type kind of games, the team can choose another set of heroes, so if someone takes a healer, but likes too much dps, after 10 round he can get another hero that is dps and for the others in his team the opposite. Then the one that "helped" and "killed" and "tanked" better will get the most points at the score tab.

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
Hero Arenas lack strategy. It's always "who can farm faster" and it kills the entire point. Hero Arenas are at their best when there are no creeps to kill and you are only up against enemy heroes. The redundancy of hero arenas is why I theorycrafted my own dream Hero Arena. It's a long read, the Hero Arena would be complex, and the learning curve in incredibly deep. However, people would be playing this Hero Arena because it is based on skill rather than luck or farming. Check it here.

I really like the idea of not having an arena dependent on farming. I started to read your theorycraft, but I stopped as soon as I read the part about it requiring a lagless environment, and being hard on computers that can't handle heavy visuals.

If you design an arena with creeps that are in plain vision and not too far apart from the center of the map, then fast farming won't be the main focus. Players will be able to easily gank, so you'll constantly be having a war between the heroes that want to creep, and the ones that want to prevent others from creeping (rather than having everyone creep at the same time).

Reaction score
I definitely don't want to see a recipe system in a hero arena. Things should be kept as simple and intuitive as possible. The focus of a hero arena is speed, dynamic play. I want to buy my item quickly and jump into the fray, not stay in my base for 2-3 minutes trying to figure out what is where and how to combine it.
Recipes are good for slow-paced games - e.g. singleplayer RPGs, riddle maps, etc. where the player can take their time.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Skill shots, that need to be aimed.

Games that arent just click on an enemy and they die.
They require you to aim and think alittle more than most.

Those are rather enjoyable in Multiplayer.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
I definitely don't want to see a recipe system in a hero arena. Things should be kept as simple and intuitive as possible. The focus of a hero arena is speed, dynamic play. I want to buy my item quickly and jump into the fray, not stay in my base for 2-3 minutes trying to figure out what is where and how to combine it.
Recipes are good for slow-paced games - e.g. singleplayer RPGs, riddle maps, etc. where the player can take their time.

This is false. He's not just gonna make claws of attack. If you don't know where the recipe is, find it.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree.

Recipies don't take soo long to find if you make them simple.

And besides abit of complexity isn't such a bad thing, being overly simple is.

Even say perhaps and upgraded version of an item, with like one requirement. That isn't too hard, but I understand what you mean if you meant like 5 items or something like that.

But overall recipes are.not.complicated - they won't cause you to stay in base for 2-3 minutes, unless you are a complete noob at that style of game. In which case, that is your own problem and cannot blame the game.

A mixture between simpleness and complexity, aswel as skill requirement is necessary for something enjoyable that will last.

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
One thing about hero arenas that has always bothered me is the lack of direction. To a new player, you're thrown into the midst of hostiles with little sense of what you're supposed to be doing. The obvious answer is; level up, become stronger. What I would like to see is say.. numbered zones to indicate toughness or something alone those lines. Something of an "Aspire to be strong enough to kill this particular boss."

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.