What the hey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Um....Hmmmm...Ho....Am I just seeing things or did too hidden forums just pop out of nowhere? The Moderator's Lounge and one other one. And um, why am I able to make news threads now?

Man, you guys have been seriously working, becuase my reputation has gone from 50 to 100 to 200 then 300 down to 200 in one day. My mind is frying. ;)

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
LOL you just removed it. Now I know I'm not supposed to see that;). I see all the moderators in those forums love me:), especially Ryoko;).

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you still post news? You should not be able to do that but look in your user options for some enhanced customization options. These are only available to you. There is a new group for the forums called Special Members which has some different permissions and customization options. It is up to you to find out what those are :)

I am tweaking the reputation levels that is why you are seeing that changing.

What other forums are you talking about :)

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
LOL oooo I get it, I think I was just "seeing" things;). Yea, that's what I thought, just like Respected Members on wc3campaigns. Man< I'm going to get Ryoko to tell me how much he loves me:).

Yes, I can still post News, by the way.

I now have finally figured out why it doesn't say what thread your viewing when your viewing "certain" things.;)

If I'm right, I'm kind of a test subject for Respected Members, so I'll point out what I can and can't do -

-I can post news (Like I'd ever use it)
-I can change my title
-I can post in archive forums, which normal users cannot
-I also get a new button, which I won't say, but it leads to nothing really

That's about it, hope it helps:).

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Haha, no reason to, plus ya'll got it covered;).

One thing I'm wondering, how does the respected member thingy work? Is it for a certain amount of reputation, amount of posts, or do the Administrators just pick one?

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
The Helper closed that after about 5 minutes, it was a mistake. If your confused, I'll sum it up what I can and can't do as of now:

-I can delete my posts
-I can't post news
-All forums are the same, no new ones
-I can change my title
-I can close my own threads
-More avatars (don't know, The Helper could've recently added those)
-I can post in archives
-I CAN'T post news
-I have a few more, irrelevant options

That's about it, nothing I would really use, except the title which is nice.

If you really want to see, get in the Admin CP and check, The Helper changed everything through there.

Actually, I CANNOT post in archives, I thought I could, but that's only because one of the Admins opened the Guild Wars forum again.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
You can also delete your own posts. Rinpun is in the group too but I don't think he's snapped to the fact he has the permission like you do (change his title). Currently you 2 are the only ones.

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm honored. :D

One question though: Could you PM me (or post here) as to what I can do now if it isn't too much trouble? I got a little bit from this post but I don't really notice anything.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
You can customize your title, you can delete your own posts, you can post larger attachments - if you want to be able to do other stuff you can always request the feature in this forum. Its not all that you know just some expanded forum permissions.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I've a question...If we get a few new features, why do we not have signatures? They're disabled, I know that, but I'm not sure why, so the reason may be my answer. But I'm just curious. :) Signatures would be fun! lol...

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> Signatures would be fun!

That's where we totally disagree. They wouldn't. And aren't.

Yours
AceHart

Sig. follows:

- some statement about the wheather in the south-western north-east
- my email address, since I don't get enough spam already
- my general timetable, to plan meetings, availabilities, ...
- I won't mention here the oversized animated, really screaming, gif
showing, actually, quite nothing, but, it's part of my sig, so...
- anything I forgot here?
- Oh, yeah, I like cats. Or, maybe, I don't, but, anyway, my sig will have some statement to that effect.
- See my point?
- We'd have to constantly watch over all and any sigs...
- What a total pain ;)

It might just happen that the signature is longer than the actual content.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
...:) I don't like signatures! :p

-Edit-

Besides, I guess for us the 'status' or whatever you call it (like my "I am your Nightmare..." comment) is sort of like a signature for us, right? :p Be happy with what you got, beggars can't be choosers, all that good stuff, lol...

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
The title is your sig. Look for another feature coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.