What type of map should i make that is Other?

T3rm1nat0r

Reaction score
Hi everyone, can someone give me a map idea that is Other, not an AoS, TD or Hero Arena. I can't think of a map idea.

Thanx!

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Fiddle around with random triggers untill you find a way to use them to make a wierd differnt thing, or mix them ( a TD mixed with a AOS :p ) or just think untill you come up with a idea.... I dont have any atm though.

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
TD is the best for starters in WE try doing a TD and later when you become much more advanced you could make a more advanced maps (RPG and whatever you like)
the TD will be mostly a walk through to learn how to build in WE

Daskunk

Reaction score
TD is the best for starters in WE try doing a TD and later when you become much more advanced you could make a more advanced maps (RPG and whatever you like)
the TD will be mostly a walk through to learn how to build in WE
Thats not what he wants though.......

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
I <3 mazes. Just please dont make a maze with patrols and catapults attacking one spot. Its crap.

Daskunk

Reaction score
I <3 mazes. Just please dont make a maze with patrols and catapults attacking one spot. Its crap.
Sigh...

He wants NEW ideas. NOT mazes or TDs...

......... And then he says "No, thats not what I ment daskunk!

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
......... And then he says "No, thats not what I meant daskunk!

You sir are means! :p

He wants a new idea, well heres a suggestion. Go get fryed with some friends than play some warcraft maps. After you play get a friend or somthing that isnt high to write down what you said about the map or somthing and then make a map.

requirments
  • Friends
  • Computer
  • The stuff to get fryed

I didn't list the actual stuff since there so much you can choose from espically the crap from sewers rofl

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Think out the box. Try something new.

Try making a TD, but do it like Ryoko or Skibi. Experiment with throwing in a whole whack of mini-games, or make a whole mpa of just mini-games!
The trigger experience could benefit you for later projects...

If you want straight ideas though...

-Quick, fast adrenaline battle situation (end-of-the-world type thing)
-Logic, a puzzle game
-A maze (without catapults on one spot etc as mentioned) in an exotic location (could combine it with above)
-A switched-around TD (you are the creeps)
-A really competitive sport/game
-Try your hand at making a movie
-Landscaping? With nice views and environmental fx...

Hope you are inspired :)

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
You could watch some movies/cartoons to get some inspiration.

Or get something new into the world of a certain map type.
For example TD:
Sproud td, switch td, total new twists into the world of TD's...
***just that you notice, that 2 allready excist***

frozenwind.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
try makeing a list of things that you are good of, and then a list of things that you absolutely do not want, and then i think i can help u more, since just map idea's are virtually unlimited, but here are some things to think about

is the map gonna be player vs player or player vs computer or unequal player teams

will the players have a hero?

will the players be able to build anything?

how should the game be won (killing something, getting X score, etc.)

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
You want an idea that is original, but yet you try to just get people to make ideas for you... I don't get it = \.

anyways, just look through the triggers, see what you can do with them, look at games outside of warcraft 3.

`

Reaction score
I might do this myself sometime. But due to the crappy quality of my maps, I'll just throw this idea to you:

Tower Wars.

And I mean it.

It's Towers versus Towers, not some "Towers that send creeps versus Other Towers that send creeps"

You build tower in a battlefield, destroy an enemy tower, build another one, and go till you destroy the enemy base. That's it.

Daskunk

Reaction score
It's Towers versus Towers.

You build tower in a battlefield, destroy an enemy tower, build another one, and go till you destroy the enemy base. That's it.

Its been done before... :( Its not very common though. You could make a really good one of it and it might seem original enough.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
the map is called wisp wars and/or peon wars, the major problems are people becoming 2 fortified in 1 spot and it becoming boring..

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
try making a quick christmas themed map.

suggestion:
you command an army of grinches, it is your mission to destroy christmas for everyone ( Stop santa from delivering presents,steal presents from houses or just burn the houses down fight off armies of elves and riendeer, run from or kill the cops when they see you or else you will be sent to prison.)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
try making a quick christmas themed map.

suggestion:
you command an army of grinches, it is your mission to destroy christmas for everyone ( Stop santa from delivering presents,steal presents from houses or just burn the houses down fight off armies of elves and riendeer, run from or kill the cops when they see you or else you will be sent to prison.)

...And team 2 is Santa and has to run around the town delivering presents while avoiding team 1. (and possible avoid being seen by children :p)

T3rm1nat0r

Reaction score
Thanx guys, should I make a map called Revenge Of The Sheep? If you know Sheep Tag, Raiders chase the sheep, but in this game the sheep chases the raiders… so what do you think? It’s time for revenge of the raiders!

Tell me if i should make this map? Thanx

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Hey something came into my mind about the watch a cartoon post. Tom and Jerry suddenly appeared in my mind. How about make a map where a person plays catching someone while the other one tries to make his way out of trouble.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.