What would you like to see more of in a Hero Defence?

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Like the heading says, im co-owner of a Hero Defence and have been able to create everything i'v needed so far.

It is rather fun, but limited amusement.
And, yes it is Multiplayer (1-11)
Hero Defence, waves and not PvP.

Any body else have any suggestions as to how to make it better:

Have:
Special Levels
Bosses
Commands
Unique Items and Hero's
Last Hope Command

Don't Want:
Mini-games
Rediculas idea's or anything overly complicated.

Want:
Any reasonable idea.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.

Happy

Reaction score
everything a map makes fun to play are "not too easy and not too difficult" & "uniqueness" (spells, modes, anything^^) and "good players have an advantage, noobs have to learn" :D so try to use your brain and find anything fitting ^^

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
lol thanks for the reply, not very helpfull but I think my map already suits what you are describing.

Anyways, if anyone else has any specific idea's.. Would be appreciated

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anything that makes the game less repetitive. Creeps that do something other than just move; perhaps slightly randomized or mixed waves?

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
What Romek said. Also, I think "secret" items and optional missions are extremely nice if they are well-made, not just randomly put on the map :eek:

And overall, there should be original items and recepies that should actually be worth getting good combos with instead of spamming tomes! The items are often very boring in hero defence maps. I dislike referring to DotA, but the item system of that map is, I must admit, very good (for an example)

SouLEDGE

Damn you advanced calculus
Reaction score
I know you said you don't want mini-games, but that's exactly what I love
Not too complicated but you know, more "luck of the draw" mini games that
arn't garenteed to give one side an advantage but are also very fun
It is a hero defence so why not make random duels? (again you said no pvp but meh, that's exactly what I love)
That's my 2 cents anyways

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Cool thanks for the feedback,
well the map already contains special waves such as: illusion, hero (revive), combination, immune, poison, boss, flying etc etc..

and I might consider a small mini-game that doesn't have a huge influence on the actual game but just to amuse the players. And perhaps the option for mini-games can be disabled for those who do not enjoy it.

Considering a duel, like after the boss kindof thing. But only problem with that, is that there are like set classes like tank dps and support. And it's obvious which should win in a fight, so yeah would be hard to do that. Unless randomized teams or something like that, but thanks.

And yes, I am trying to make as little repetition as possible, but without making it too overboard.
But thanks again for suggestions.:)

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Give the creeps a wide range of abilities and statistics, so there is actually some room for strategy and planning how to approach them, rather than every wave being "some doodz attack, tank'n'spank". Balance the heroes so that you can use a different approach (CC? AOE? Kite? Spells or attacks? Buff allies or debuff enemies?) but still have success, depending on which heroes were picked. I'm hoping to do this in my map, BTW.

Also, creative heroes are essential, for my taste anyway; I'll almost never give a map much playtime if the heroes all use variants of stock WC3 spells. Finding out what they all can do and how they work together to overcome the enemies is most of the fun for me.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score

Already added

Give the creeps a wide range of abilities and statistics, so there is actually some room for strategy and planning how to approach them, rather than every wave being "some doodz attack, tank'n'spank". Balance the heroes so that you can use a different approach (CC? AOE? Kite? Spells or attacks? Buff allies or debuff enemies?) but still have success, depending on which heroes were picked. I'm hoping to do this in my map, BTW.

Also, creative heroes are essential, for my taste anyway; I'll almost never give a map much playtime if the heroes all use variants of stock WC3 spells. Finding out what they all can do and how they work together to overcome the enemies is most of the fun for me.

Thanks, there is alot of synergy between hero's. And yeah nothing is default for obvious reasons, there are set classes and types. But thanks for suggestions i will try widen the variety of types with what you have suggested. Thanks

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
I know i'm bumping a really old post that I made in like May this year, but I have made much progress on this map and well was wondering if there are any other idea's that anyone has for this Hero Defense.

I could post a copy of the Defense if anyone is keen to see it.
Sorry for reviving such an old post, just havent had a chance to comment over the last few months. Probably should have createwd a new post, but anyway. Thanks in advance.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.