What you want in WC4.

M

MapMaker

If Blizzard ever does make Warcraft 4, What do you want to see in it?
I would like it to have:

* The 4 same races (anymore would be too much)
* The Lore should follow WC3 and not the mixed up WoW lore.
* Higher food cap, seriously Warcraft is about large armies just as much as Starcraft is.
* Also make the races more unique and balanced.
* Each race should have more units, and on top of that 'footmen' should be useful both at the beginning and end of the game. Archers are always good, ghouls have the attk/movement speed upgrade, and grunts are pretty much a weak tier 3, which makes them useless when tauren are assesable, because they cost only one less food.

But footmen can't do anything tier 3. So in Wc4 I think every unit should have a specific purpose for the entire game, not just tier 1.

Say what you want to see in Wc4. Discuss!

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Hmm, this can turn to flame, but we can try to keep open :p

-I think the food should be raised, the naga playable, 2 more other races not in any Warcraft game yet,
-Archers buffed,
-More units,
-More balanced races,
-Maybe like 5 or 6 instead of 3 upgrades
-More GUI options in WE
-Being able to change colors and size of ability models without model editor.
-More Terrain
-Scrapping all WoW storyline and starting where Wc3 TFT left off

I can go for hours(Figure of Speechism)but i wont :rolleyes:

Asehujiko

Reaction score
-The story that begins at the start of wow and not at the end.
-Supcom's physics engine.
-A game that's also playable if you don't have 250+ APM and encyclopedic knowledge of every single number.

Exerpt from a starcraft forum:
person 1. the wraith still has about 9, which is still weaker then the mutalisk...
person 2. wraith has 8 attack, go eat shit and die, scrub.

D

DuFFBeeR

if youve seen the vids for Sc2 you see that each indivual unit has like a special build in ability like when the zealt attacks it charges in. thats something in wc4 that would be cool like when you rush in w/ grunts they have like a rage ablity that gives them some strength. ya know. grunts are supposed to be strong, tough, not afraid of anything. so when they attack i believe their rage sould be used in battle.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
-More races
-More heroes
-Higher Food Cap
-Selection of more than 12 units

S

Sonic80

You know, the basics, more units/heroes, more buildings, bigger armies (Maybe a Battle for Middle Earth-type army where one training is an entire flank, therefore you can have much more units travelling at once, wile still balanced). More spells, and abilities. Items too.

But the main thing the I want is for it to BE PC-CD ROM not PC-DVD ROM because I don't have a DVD rom drive, and when I go out to buy the external ones, they are crap. That and a Naga story line.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
  • Unit Formations,
  • World editor that can modify unit names, and imported files (disable file, enable etc (this would be useful for skins))
  • Selection increase
  • Goblins, Naga, Ogres as seperate races (and others)
  • And Others.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
WC 4 :rolleyes:

In other words, more imbalance?

More does not necessarily Imply imbalance. It may create a more complex gaming dynamic and diversity in style of play, however balance can be achieved in the greatest diversity. You just need to have solid game designers and game balancers; then test the ---- out of it.

I would love to see more races, especially the Naga, but I would also like to see them get really creative. More than any single feature I would like to see on an RTS: combined tech lines. That would require a ton of time and resources however and I am not sure any company out there is going to find that venture worth while.

I would also like to see the level cap on heroes raised. And as far as online game play goes; I am furious that the old game did not have a team FFA setting. That would be my absolute favorite.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
* Higher food cap, seriously Warcraft is about large armies just as much as Starcraft is.

Sorry, Its not.

In starcraft, one unit is useless. In starcraft, its a war. You need for example, two dozen firebats, three dozon marines and a dozen wraiths just to do some damage to the enemy. Troops are also easier to build.

Warcraft: You can kill with a 8 mountain giants and a hero.

---------------------

Warcraft 4 should have a even esier, even more advanced WE. WC melee was never good, imo.

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
I'd Love..

Advanced Physical Controls over units, like elevation, real falling... etc..
Advanced effects and terrain physics, like dirt implosions make stuff dirty..
Countless new models
High poly old models
100 Gb Map size limit
Advanced GUI Triggers, like +1000000 new possibilities
Advanced Team/AI/Editor Control
+ countless icons
+ countless preset triggers for types of maps
+ new Editor/game interface
+ Interface changability for editor and game
+ Easier model creation Editor
+ Easier Icon Creation Editor
New wc3search
New campaign
New storyline
New spell systems
New graphics
New ways to talk to everyone you see in the game..

Some sort of conversion from WoW to Warcraft 4 so that lets say you make a WoW character, you can somehow make a game catch with your WoW char that it loads that exact model and items, and lets u roleplay with him...

New Quest/Item interface/system

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
100 Gb Map size limit
Who has 100 GB to spare on their comp?

And wc4 would obviously be for higher end computers than wc3.

Oh, and I also want diverse animations from the units.

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
> Oh, and I also want diverse animations from the units.

figured you'd say that..

> Who has 100 GB to spare on their comp?

that too..

Well i "was" being sarcastic, but im sure bill gates...

yes, animations like 100 per unit, would rule!! and a easy anim create / modifier

M

MapMaker

Sorry, Its not.

In starcraft, one unit is useless. In starcraft, its a war. You need for example, two dozen firebats, three dozon marines and a dozen wraiths just to do some damage to the enemy. Troops are also easier to build.

Warcraft: You can kill with a 8 mountain giants and a hero.

---------------------

Warcraft 4 should have a even esier, even more advanced WE. WC melee was never good, imo.

Well, Wc2 had large armies. The reason Wc3 had a small food cap was because the technology was limited to make each player have a high food cap, but if they can have a high food cap in Sc2 to support all the units on the screen, then they can in Warcraft 4.

But what I was saying anyways is that in realty Warcraft is about big armies. Look at the Wc3 intro. Like in a normal melee/campaign game, each footman is really representing like 100 footmen. Well I'm assuming that to make it seem better.

I'm not saying the armies should be as big as Starcraft but bigger than Wc3, like raise cap to 200, but keep the food each unit gives the same, footmen=2 food, knight= 4 food, etc. Atleast then you can have 2x units than Wc3.

Oh yeah, and Warcraft is not a War? Warcraft is a War and therefore needs higher food caps to make it seem more like a war.

M

MapMaker

Adding to List

- Model/Icon editor attached with world editor so everyone can edit/make models.
- more heroes
- orcs should have goblin sappers/zepplins to serve as suicide bombers and transports (goblins are still in horde even in Wc3, as seen in bonus campaign)
- Each race should have air transports

human- Flying machine (or some gnomish/dwarven invention)
orc- Goblin Zepplin
night elf- I'm not sure, give some ideas
undead- sky barge

- Bring back Navy! Each race can build shipyard, foundry, and refinery, to train water transport, frigrate/destroyers, battleships/juggernauts, and oil tankers. (ship names/designs based on race)
- Make oil a resource again!

D

DuFFBeeR

im thinking the reason for the low food cap was because of the extra effort for micro and macro managment. if you have large armies.. of course its harder to micro 200 food than 100 food, therefore if you lose a unit its not so crucial to the battle than if its 100 food. even in wc2 they were trying to impliment micromanagment with the bloodlusting, holy lights, death knight and mage spells. and soo on, but really its more of a who can mass and upgrade the fastest while maintain the largest army. i liked wc3 better because the enemy can out tech you, out size you and own you in recources.. and theres is still a fighting chance you can win the battle with a little micro managment. so raising the food cap would hinder that unless they raised the ammount of food needed per unit.
but in sc and broodwar. basically it was just mindless slaughters.. mass 300 marines, and you charge them in.. if they have siege tanks.. basically your 300 maries are pretty much owned... of course in sc everything kinda counter ballanced. but overall as much as i love the game it really has no strategy behind it.
just an opinion, no flames plz

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.