What you want in WC4.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Well, in SC2, the unit selection is unlimited as of now.
Food cap is good, that way you can have some variety of units, and have to micro like DUFFBeeR said, and not just spam like a crazy maniac.

All I want for WC4 is a way better WE, and to ignore WoW lore and keep going where it left off in wc3. (Although I think wc3's lore isn't that great, meh.)

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
I think they should add the Army Flags, like in Age of Mythology, where you take an army and make a flag on screen, and when you click the flag, all units of the army are selected.
On a side note to DuffBeer...
just an opinion, no flames plz

Another Thread a while ago...
Not useless since its different than your opinon. This is a thread about a game. I have an opinon. Just becuse you like it and i dont doesnt mean its useless. End of argument.

Does it say, Post opinions here? no it dosen't its simply stating and explaining about the game. and its asking if anyone is going to continue to work on the map to make it better.. not DO you like the map? post if you do or don't. no you like many others have a problem with reading and comprehension, and if i might say, memorization. before you go waisting YOUR time, MY time, and everyone elses time. think before you post.. because you may or may not make yourself look stupid and immature... now if i might add. lets leave it at this... before this decent post is closed... end of THIS discussion, and go back to what the post was origionally about. no one wants to read this.. i don't even want to read it and i am typing it. i know thats sad, but its true.. but this is not the time or the place to come in here casting judgment on the game, when obviously you don't like it. thats fine.. but go somewhere else. thanks
Wait, so you want no flames from your opinion, but yet you get angry that I have one, and think i shouldn't? Hmm..

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
WCF4 that would be the day

I would love to see about another

-4 new races
-New units
-Tones off new terren
-New graphics
-New stories lines
-Newer maps different worlds
-New sounds
-Kick ass maps

ZypHeRx™

Reaction score
-All new storyline to Warcraft
-Naga playable , with illidian in naga form inside of course xD
-New races
-Remake of Human Race . I find them kinda weak in terms of army to army battles against orc.
-Bring back sea battles.
-Morale of armies ( raises when enemy units fall back , decreases when hero dies or whatever , it makes it more realistic in a war . )
-Food cap raised
-Fleeing for home . ( units that have no more will to fight will leave the battlefield. )

JUST OPINIONS .

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
WC4, WC4... let's see...

-New races
-More units for each race
-Slightly higher food cap (High enough to be able to implement new units and larger armies, but not insane)
-Graphics and the like that will still run well on older systems. Or perhaps an option to revert to older graphics.
-More resources, e.g. Stone (How do humans build?), Metal, etc. Not loads but 1 or 2.
-Veteran units (so they can upgrade with experience, giving more depth)
-Continued from WC3 (never played WoW)
-Sea battles and a more implemented navy. In WC3 the AI did not use transports by default at all! Nor did they hire mercenaries, which brings me onto my next point...
-Better AI! That way we can practice against bots in a more realistic way, and thus ensure a better online community (the ladder isn't that great imo)
-Give each race a transport option.
-Better items for purchase in shops.

WE:
-Easier to use GUI (built in leak checker, etc)
-Sure there is more, but can't think of them right now.

So yeah, that's what I want in WC4. Amongst other things :)

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
I think they need to really buff the WE, so MUI and AI are easier, also add more Sea Battles is the maps they pre-made. More ships in it too. And definatley easier model making and able to change ability graphics!

C

Cryo

They Should Make the game with more realism, i mean when they fight they do them same 2 thing over and over again and when they get hit they should be wounded, the gme also use mosr more gore the only gore i ever saw was the expoldeing amobinations, the head choping with heal really well. Oh they also need to make the space orc playable or atleast a secert unit of some kind. The best idea is Sub-Factions like in genarels and Age of mythology, Ex: say you where troll you will still have orcs with you, but you have really good troll units like a troll dark hunter, or something and you will get a speical hero just for that sub-faction. The shop also should also sell artifacts

EDIT: i frogot to add AI communication, no game have you ever benn able to communicate with the Allied AI, but maybe Blizzard willl change that.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
They do have AI communication... Ping the map and they will go. They also ping where they will attack. In Melee atleast.

C

Cryo

No...........

im not talking about only ping but the AI acully asking you like "do you want to attack now" or "Would you like this item" like that and you respond

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i've realised raising foodcap is quite a popular idea :p.

raise it to about 250-300 to still make micromanaging possible, and not completely kill the idea of it.

M

MapMaker

Someone should e-mail this to blizzard, so they can see all our ideas.

KillerChi

Reaction score
I think that the Naga yes, should be playable. In fact, when I got TFT (1-2 years ago) I was suprised you couldn`t be naga!
-Or at least more naga units.
-Yes, naval battles.
-Yeah I want more food too.
-Auto-Explore(in Rise of Nations)
-Bigger tech tree
-More classified buildings (like one build option is regular other military building)
-And in the War3 it also has lots of mythological creatures and if you hadn`t noticed, they would be your monsters. if your average joe human could be somewhat useful against those monsters then they wouldn`t deserve the title of "monster".

-KillerChi
Frost Wyrms ftw!

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Have you never played NE?
Mass Dryads?

In any case I also think there should be something in the way of more advanced structures and the like, and defences, and perhaps better maps - something that can be done now, obviously for WC3, but in the future there certainly needs to be more of a strategic element to maps - so that people don't just mass a few units and have to defend key points, so they don't just build near gold mines.

That point was a bit confusing actually, I don't know if you can interpret it. Good luck anyway :)

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Well, Wc2 had large armies. The reason Wc3 had a small food cap was because the technology was limited to make each player have a high food cap, but if they can have a high food cap in Sc2 to support all the units on the screen, then they can in Warcraft 4.

But what I was saying anyways is that in realty Warcraft is about big armies. Look at the Wc3 intro. Like in a normal melee/campaign game, each footman is really representing like 100 footmen. Well I'm assuming that to make it seem better.

I'm not saying the armies should be as big as Starcraft but bigger than Wc3, like raise cap to 200, but keep the food each unit gives the same, footmen=2 food, knight= 4 food, etc. Atleast then you can have 2x units than Wc3.

Oh yeah, and Warcraft is not a War? Warcraft is a War and therefore needs higher food caps to make it seem more like a war.

Really, I think the food cap shouldn't be raised. WC3 isn't about massing. It's about micromanangement. You have heroes. You have a lot of spellcasters or units that each have a smaller or bigger spell. That's what WC3 is about.

You also saw Arthas singing rock in the cinematics :p.

C

Cryo

Pandas??

What about the Mystical pandrains shouldn't they be hired able or a race of some kind, don't leave out the pandas:(

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
im not talking about only ping but the AI acully asking you like "do you want to attack now" or "Would you like this item" like that and you respond

Um... I think highly advanced AI would cost you millions... they barely created softwares that talk to you like that with big investments and you want one like that in a game? :nuts:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.