which two heroes are the best as a team

D

dunpealx4

it doesnt have to be the same race. but i always use bloodmage and MK together. i feel they are the best team. storm bolt with banish really hurt, then flame strike while the hero is stunned. which two heroes du use the most? i am talking about in normal melee game. and which 2 heroes du think they are best as a team?

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
Im using Warden and Bloodmage i like the AOE they can make and the Dps they can do on a single unit.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
It depends on what level they are. Same team heroes I like (including nutrals)

UD:
DK and any other undead hero. (maybe not pit lord. People don't like him)

HU:
AM and MK
AM and Pali
MK and Pali

ORC:
BM and SH (really only good one, TC and SH can work as well)

NELF:
DH and KotG/Potm
Warden and Kotg/Potm

NEVER get warden and DH. Doesn't work. also NEVER get Dh 2nd.

Thoes are about the best combinations.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
banish doesn't like shadow strike if I'm correct.

@topic: depends on situation

>blm mk combo
thats a nice combo since both of these guys are lategame heroes. Also the synergy with 3 dmg spells is pretty good with banish. And its like the only way to get flame strike useful against one target. However if you think of a 2v2 match this combo can be countered easily by 1. a blade master that winwwalks to avoid hammer 2. a paladin that does same with god shield 3. a dark ranger that prevents from casting spells 4. a firelord that prevents casting spells 5. an MK with avatar. And propably more.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
2 pandas, or 2 tinkers are nice.

BM and MK for human is good. Banish, bolt, mana drain.

C

Cryo

Umm i like double warden the blink and hit are are really good vs. heros and units:D

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
except two heroes of the same type aren't allowed in ladder.

Warden's are too delicate anyways. Sometimes I try Beastmaster with Nelf, but I try not to play nelf unless it pops up on random.

BLM is WAY too late game and a REALLY easy target to any hero killer. MK needs a large mana pool for good stuns and AoE control, and the AM really helps with this. BLM's only good tactic is the hidden animal, level up, tp on it and nuke the goldmine, but a decent player will notice that any day.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Undead Combo = Infernal + Death & Decay
Orc Combo = Big Bad Voodoo Earthquake / Blade Storm
Night Elf Combo = Starfall + Tranquility
Human Combo = Resurrection + Teleport

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Undead Combo = Infernal + Death & Decay
Orc Combo = Big Bad Voodoo Earthquake / Blade Storm
Night Elf Combo = Starfall + Tranquility
Human Combo = Resurrection + Teleport
Never choose heroes based on their level 6.

Choose heroes based on hero killing, AoE, creeping effectiveness, survivability, and on what the opponent is getting. For example, when fighting UD, sometimes Pali & MK is as good or better than am, since you can double nuke the DK, as well have more hp shield.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
I find Far Seer and (Shadow Hunter?) to be a great combination. With the Far Seer doubling your army early in game and providing nice amounts of spell damage your Shadow Hunter heals the troops and creates an easy escape plan if the battle is waging in the wrong direction. Plus the Shadow Hunter can provide a bit a damage itself.

I think the Heroes greatly depend on the units you produce. I would go Far Seer and Shadow Hunter if I was making a lot of land troops with a particularly high amount of melee. If I was going to go mostly air I might switch up to Tauren Chieftain with Shadow Hunter or Blademaster since at high levels he is almost invincible.

C

Cryo

pali is cheap it only hero that can be invurable ad for 45 sec by that time he can run 1/2 way across the map alrdy

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Hmm... For Night Elves, I like Keeper of the Grove/Priestess of the Moon & Demon Hunter. I tend to lean toward the KotG, though. He creates extra troops to help DH in Melee, and gives DH a nice melee aura. But if you're going for Archers and Huntresses for the majority of the game, PotM works good with her aura.

Humans, it's definitely Paladin -> Arch mage. Pally's Holy Light is boosted by AM's Brilliance Aura, while the AM's defense is boosted by Pally's Devotion Aura.

Undead has Dreadlord and Death Knight. Two great auras which will not only boost each other, but a majority of their troops. DK can heal while DL is the scourge of channeling spells, running Heroes and anything big and bad that might be kicking the crap out of the DK with Sleep. PLUS! They're both unit machines, DL contributing with his Inferno and DK having Animate Dead.

Orcs are complicated because I tend to like anyone. The Blademaster with the Shadow Hunter is a good combo, though, since the SH can hang back and use Healing Wave while the BM can protect himself with his multiple illusions... On the other hand, you can have the Tauren Chieftain tank with the Far Seer giving extra units and some artillery magic with Chain Lightning :)

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Hmm... For Night Elves, I like Keeper of the Grove/Priestess of the Moon & Demon Hunter. I tend to lean toward the KotG, though. He creates extra troops to help DH in Melee, and gives DH a nice melee aura. But if you're going for Archers and Huntresses for the majority of the game, PotM works good with her aura.

DH is most common for a first hero. The problem with Nelf starting units is that they have low hp, so no matter what you choose you will have problems with melee quickly taking down your ranged units. DH can cause damage with mana burn, useful for disabling heroes. Also, most people target your hero first, so you can have DH "tank" with his dodge ability.

Another interesting hero choice is the Beastmaster for a first. he has high hp and can mass summon, plus stampede is killer when used effectively.

KotG/PotM are commonly second hero choices. I sometimes use PotM first if I'll be massing ranged units, mostly in 2s or 3s. They are also useful in Nelf vs Nelf. Aura + hunts archers > DH.

KotG is good for rooting and surrounding. His summon is too mana inefficient as well as too weak for normal games. Root is REALLY powerful, because you can disable units. DO NOT cast it on heroes unless you KNOW you'll be able to kill them, surround them, or disable a channeling spell. On units, it'll do MUCH more damage as well as lasting longer.

Warden is an interesting choice too. She can be useful, but is delicate. I like to get a level 1 blink for running away, since people like to target her. Her abilities and mana pool is nice imo.

Humans, it's definitely Paladin -> Arch mage. Pally's Holy Light is boosted by AM's Brilliance Aura, while the AM's defense is boosted by Pally's Devotion Aura.

Pali first is a bad choice if you get rushed or harassed. AM is better first. I usually get AM or MK as my first hero. MK has great hero killing abilities, and is small so people don't notice him much, while also having decent hp. AM is AMAZING at creeping, as well as having good unit summon/aura etc. He is weakish in the hp, but if you run right you can outrun a BM, so not much worries there. the aura helps both MK and Pali with mana pool problems.

Pali AM combinations usually mean that the pali will ALWAYS be focused on first, since he will heal the AM. This forces you to get divine shield instead of aura. While I like the aura, it leaves the Paladin too vulnerable to focus fire, since the pali is actually a pretty weak strength hero. The only time I'll get pali first is when I KNOW I'm going to fight undead, so it makes a usefull dual nuke with MK. A weird combination, but I won games with it.

Undead has Dreadlord and Death Knight. Two great auras which will not only boost each other, but a majority of their troops. DK can heal while DL is the scourge of channeling spells, running Heroes and anything big and bad that might be kicking the crap out of the DK with Sleep. PLUS! They're both unit machines, DL contributing with his Inferno and DK having Animate Dead.

DK is definatly one of the best first heroes for undead. I prefer Lich as a 2nd for the nuke and ice shield. Also, the Lich should get an orb asap for the negative armor. The focus fire kills. CL is a nice tank choice if you want to try it, but pretty much any undead hero + DK makes a good combination. Pit Lord with cleave and Unholy Frenzy can be fun with DK healing in the back.

If you get DL, ghoul rush with sleep and aura can be effective. Sleep is much better than carrion swarm since it disables heroes so you can easily surround. DL is too weak to be effective by himself usually though.

Orcs are complicated because I tend to like anyone. The Blademaster with the Shadow Hunter is a good combo, though, since the SH can hang back and use Healing Wave while the BM can protect himself with his multiple illusions... On the other hand, you can have the Tauren Chieftain tank with the Far Seer giving extra units and some artillery magic with Chain Lightning :)

BM BM BM! I love the BM! Hero killer with crit and WW makes him really powerful. Stack an orb on him and he's near unstoppable. He brings fear to the enemy base. However, if people have half a brain they'll grab dust of appearance to counter him. I like SH as a 2nd hero because of his heal, as well as hex and wards. However, I think SH can be too weak as a first hero in a 1v1, while being effective in 2s and 3s.

I tried FS for a while as a first hero, but he's just too weak as well as being able to be attacked. I just never got into him, but he is a popular choice as well.

TC makes a decent second hero, and a good first hero if your doing aura rush in a 3s map. I don't use him much cause is kinda vulnerable early game, and a good pressure tactic will keep him from getting strong.

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
Human: AM + Siege Tanks + one invisible unit in their base.

Then pick any addition that might help that plan.
- Silence (dark ranger/fire lord) vs hero
- Storm Bolt vs hero
- Banish on anything that threatens your tanks
- Heal for team mates?
- Ressurect? (Haven't tested if it works on tanks yet)

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
>KotG is good for rooting and surrounding
Just had to point that out:D

As for the best 2 hero combo it depends on what situation. A 2v2 hero fight? A normal game? What race are you against?

Some common, yet effective combos

2v2 hero duels and smaller battles
-Bloodmage + Mountain King/Paladin
-Shadow Hunter + Blademaster
-DK+ Lich

Normal games /larger battles
-Tinker + TC
-Archmage/Bloodmage/Tinker/Pitlord
-TC + Far Seer
-Kotg + Potm

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
funny idea: Blood mage + lich! banish + frost nova + flame strike + death and decay!

Y

yabyab

When I play Humans I either go:

1. Paladin + MK (pure melee awesomeness, in team games I go Devotion Aura for +defence and Healing).
2. AM + BM if am going Sorceress+Priests for AoE massacre.

When I play Orcs I go:

1. ShadowHunter + BladeMaster (Hex + Critical) for hero killing

2. ShadowHunter + Farseer (Serpent + Wolves) for pet-dps imagine 2 wolves and 4 sepents attacking you while I kite my heros around in the beginning of the game. Quite annoying.

3. TaurentChief + Shadowhunter (Heal and Aura) for heavy melee tauren units.

When I go Undead:

1. Death Knight + Lich when I go Fiends+Frosties (Lich on Frozen Armor, DK to heal frosties)

2. DeathKnight + DreadLord for Double Aura going Ghouls and Necros

3. DeathKnight + CryptLord when I go purely fiends, to have my heroes as the main tanks, specifically the Cryptlord and DK is his healer.

When I go Night Elves:

1. BeastMaster + KotG because I don't like NE heroes much and the beastmaster pets + KOTG aura added with bears that can heal is something I like to do.

2. Potm + Naga + Sylvana which are the best hero range units coupled with dryads and Chimeras. +30% range damage makes the other heroes and chims+dryads even more deadly. Lightening Fork + Searing Arrow + Skeleton Arrow + Chims = ouch and you poop a skeleton on top of this. It's devistating.

Rammstein56

Reaction score
Crypt Lord and Death Knight :p total ownage lol

totally will own them peasents that keep murdering your bloodmages and tauren :nuts: how that happens i have no idea :nuts:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.