Why does this multiboard cause a fatal?

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
Okay guys, here is the trigger, hopefully this problem should prove easier than my last to solve.

Trigger:
  • Filter UI
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Fade out over 0.00 seconds using texture war3mapImported\NewUI.blp and color (100.00%, 100.00%, 50.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Trigger - Add to Hide UI <gen> the event (Player - (Player((Integer A))) types a chat message containing -hideui as An exact match)
          • Trigger - Add to Show UI <gen> the event (Player - (Player((Integer A))) types a chat message containing -showui as An exact match)
          • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 2 columns and 3 rows, titled (Name of (Player((Integer A))))
          • Set PlayerMultiboard[(Integer A)] = (Last created multiboard)
          • Multiboard - Set the icon for PlayerMultiboard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 1 to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNSS.tga
          • Multiboard - Set the icon for PlayerMultiboard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 2 to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNpz_iii_ausf_e.tga
          • Multiboard - Set the icon for PlayerMultiboard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 3 to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNhe_111_heinkel.tga
          • For each (Integer B) from 1 to 3, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Multiboard - Set the text for PlayerMultiboard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row (Integer B) to 0
              • Multiboard - Set the display style for PlayerMultiboard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row (Integer B) to Hide text and Show icons
              • Multiboard - Set the width for PlayerMultiboard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row (Integer B) to 5.00% of the total screen width
              • Multiboard - Set the width for PlayerMultiboard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row (Integer B) to 3.00% of the total screen width
              • Multiboard - Set the display style for PlayerMultiboard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row (Integer B) to Show text and Hide icons
      • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == Player(0) then
      • Multiboard - Show PlayerMultiboard[1]
      • Custom script: endif

I know it isn't the fade filter because I tried removing it and the fatal was still there.
I know it isn't the Add Event triggers because I tried removing them and the fatal was still there.
I know it isn't the JASS because I tried removing it and the fatal was still there.

I'm really unsure as to why this is happening. :/

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNpz_iii_ausf_e.tga and ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNSS.tga doesn't exist?

Jackal

Reaction score
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNpz_iii_ausf_e.tga and ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNSS.tga doesn't exist?

World Editor refuses to display them, along with every other icon I've imported. But they are in the drop-down menus and they work ingame.

Jackal

Reaction score
When does it happen?

I tried inserting "Game - Display to (All players) the text: *number*" actions at the start and end of the multiboard actions and between every multiboard action in the trigger, but none of them were shown at all. oO

kaboo

Reaction score
this will not solve your problem but it will make the trigger simplier:
change all integer B numbers with 0 and remove the loop
0 affects all rows/columns

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what causes the fatal:
imo it can be one or more of these things-
1. there is a problem with the icons (wrong path, etc)
2. the custom script lines
3. and the last and with lowest possibility - adding events to triggers (but i think this is not the problem)
u should try to remove always one of these parts and test if works or not to see where is the problem

Jackal

Reaction score
this will not solve your problem but it will make the trigger simplier:
change all integer B numbers with 0 and remove the loop
0 affects all rows/columns

Thanks for the suggestion.

what causes the fatal:
imo it can be one or more of these things-
1. there is a problem with the icons (wrong path, etc)
2. the custom script lines
3. and the last and with lowest possibility - adding events to triggers (but i think this is not the problem)
u should try to remove always one of these parts and test if works or not to see where is the problem

I tried slimming down the trigger to this:

Trigger:
  • Filter UI
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 2 columns and 3 rows, titled (Name of (Player((Integer A))))
          • Set PlayerMultiboard[(Integer A)] = (Last created multiboard)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for PlayerMultiboard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 0 to 0
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for PlayerMultiboard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 0 to Hide text and Show icons
          • Multiboard - Set the width for PlayerMultiboard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 0 to 5.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the width for PlayerMultiboard[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 0 to 3.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for PlayerMultiboard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons

Problem still persists.

kaboo

Reaction score
you dont have any other triggers that will run at 5th second?
or just disable this trigger and test if it wont crash
or the variable PlayerMultiboard[] - is it an array of 12 or more?

Jackal

Reaction score
you dont have any other triggers that will run at 5th second?
or just disable this trigger and test if it wont crash
or the variable PlayerMultiboard[] - is it an array of 12 or more?

Tried disabling the trigger, which disabled the problem, so the problem still exists.

Yeah, the variable has an array size of 12.

This is turning out to be quite the puzzler.

kaboo

Reaction score
if you have same problem when this trigger is disabled then there must be something else what causes it . . . <confused>

Jackal

Reaction score
if you have same problem when this trigger is disabled then there must be something else what causes it . . . <confused>

My bad, I worded that incorrectly.

*fixed*

kaboo

Reaction score
"Tried disabling the trigger, which disabled the problem, so the problem still exists."
??? sry but i just dont understand that sentence :/

Jackal

Reaction score
"Tried disabling the trigger, which disabled the problem, so the problem still exists."
??? sry but i just dont understand that sentence :/

I disabled the trigger.
Tested map.
Fatal wasn't there.
Determined that the fatal is in the trigger.

kaboo

Reaction score
oh :p

try replacing playermultiboard[integer A] with last created multiboard in this trigger
what for is good firstly showing icons and hiding text and then showing text and hiding icons?
Code:
Multiboard - Set the display style for PlayerMultiboard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 0 to Hide text and Show icons
Code:
Multiboard - Set the display style for PlayerMultiboard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons

Jackal

Reaction score
oh :p

try replacing playermultiboard[integer A] with last created multiboard in this trigger

Just tried it, hasn't got rid of the fatal. :(

what for is good firstly showing icons and hiding text and then showing text and hiding icons?
Code:
Multiboard - Set the display style for PlayerMultiboard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 0 to Hide text and Show icons
Code:
Multiboard - Set the display style for PlayerMultiboard[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons

Oops, I showed text in the wrong column. Thanks for pointing that out.

EDIT: I've found what caused the fatal. It was a dodgy multiboard import. Thanks for those that made the effort to help. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.